franklinc850, Home Buyer in Trenton, NJ

i loking to buy a home for my family

Asked by franklinc850, Trenton, NJ Wed May 1, 2013

This question was asked from…

Hello franklinc850. Check out 213 Butler St, listed for $65,000. If you'd consider something higher, I have 506 Woodland, also in Trenton, in the Franklin Park section. If you like these locations. give me a call at 609-306-4655 or 609-586-2344, and I'll help you find a motgage person. Thanks!
Pat DiMattia, DiDonato Realty Co. Inc.
Good morning franklinc850,

First steps:

Meet with a Local Mortgage Banker to get prequalified for mortgage financing. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for.

Line up a Home Inspector. A good home inspector will scare the heck out of you: that's what you pay him for! But you'll concentrate on the fundamentals of the property: roof free of leaks, plumbing, heating and electrical up to code and in good working order. Again, when you make an offer and you have your Home Inspector ready to go, your offer will be considered with much more interest by a Seller because you truly have your "ducks in a row" and your preparation demonstrates your serious attitude about conducting the purchase transaction in a timely manner.

Find an experienced Local Realtor who works in your desired shopping area. A serious pro Realtor will refuse to show you homes until you are Prequalified for mortgage financing. Don't take offense! That Realtor doesn't want you to be disappointed and wants you to have a smooth experience as you shop for your new home.

Put together your Team of real estate professionals and shop 'til you drop!

Trevor Curran

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
That is great. There are many benefits to owning your own home. The first step in the process is to speak to a realtor and ask them to give you name of a representative from a mortgage company who you can speak to who can then pre-qualify you for a mortgage so you can see what price range you are in and give you information about the mortgage process, monthly payment, downpayment and closing costs and options that you have. Then after that, you will be ready to start your search.