jkallisch, Home Buyer in Corona, CA

i have been following a few homes in garden lakes and would like to know why some areas are higher in hoa dues than others j kallisch

Asked by jkallisch, Corona, CA Sun May 12, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3105263988-11529-W-Laurelwood…

J, It appears that "high" HOA fees are a concern for you from your questions posted. To answer your current question there are a few factors that create the varied HOA fees you are seeing for Garden Lakes.
-Garden Lakes is a Master Planned Community that had several builders construct homes
-It appears that as a result there are several management companies in place that charge varying fees.
-In addition the fees are collected differently; for some the fee is semi annual and for others it is monthly.
-It does not appear that there is any greater value presented for the higher fee residences.

One last general consideration with HOA's. Usually the larger the community the lower the HOA Fees (given there is only one HOA and Management Company for the entire community); the smaller the community the "larger" the fees due to less homes to spread the cost over.

When you are ready to move forward into your new home, I am here to help address your concerns and questions so that you can have a successful and enjoyable home buying experience.

I look forward to helping you make the move!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 12, 2013
Our team has been specializing in selling homes in Garden Lakes for the past 15 years. The Manor section of Garden Lakes pays 2 HOA fees. One for the Master community, Garden Lakes and one for The Manor section. The Manor HOA payment includes weekly front yard maintenance AND pays for the care of the lakeside pool and community area. The Master HOA pays only for the common area maintenance.
If we can be of any ofurther service, just give The Drefs Team a call at 523-694-0354.
Check us out at http://TheDrefsTeam.com.
Have an awesome day!
There is an area in NE Garden Lakes called Garden Lakes Manor. They have a pool and a club house. that is why that area is higher.

P.S. I am selling my home at 11330 W. Emerald Ln in Garden Lakes.
Hello J,

Thank you for reaching out on Trulia with your question. Garden Lakes is a great community with a north and south lake. I've worked with several buyers and sellers in this area due to the lakes and the layout of the subdivision. In my experience for Garden Lakes HOA fees have been a semi-annual payment. Any time you purchase a property with and HOA you will be given documents directly from the HOA which are called CC&Rs - Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions. This will explain any fees and basically what the rules of the HOA are. This will be reviewed upon contract acceptance within the 10 day inspection period of the property. Hope this helps and please feel free to call me directly at
623-696-0228 if you have any other questions.

Shawn Scray
Sterling Fine Properties