Market Conditions in 85641>Question Details

Smithsouth, Home Seller in Vail, AZ

i have 4.1 acre in Vail off dirt road that shares well with phone and electric. what would its value be in today's market?

Asked by Smithsouth, Vail, AZ Tue Feb 9, 2010

Answers

6
Fair market value is defined as the price a willing buyer will pay for your home, and the price you are willing to sell for. All you need is one willing buyer! For a general analysis, please reach out to an experienced agent in your area. I can help!

Kat Tyree, Associate Broker/Realtor
Tierra Antigua Realty
TucsonKat@gmail.com
520-730-5540
Contact a local Realtor and have them do a comparative market analysis for you. They'll do it free of charge. Browse the agent directory to find a well reviewed Realtor.
Without knowing your specific location it is impossible to estimate the value of your property. Land in general, however, is not selling quickly nor at a high price.

For example, I searched for sales of lots with 3 to 6 acres in Vail that are off of unpaved roads and sold within the past year. There were 3 Lots sold ranging in size from 4.13 to 4.58 acres. The average days the homes were listed was almost two years or 703 days. Sales prices ranged from $24,900 to $47,000.
I agree with Kathy's assessment, I bought some land out there as well for a client (4 acres). Tough right now trying to sell land because construction loans are so tough right now. Like most things, if you can hold the land and wait, the market should improve in time. However, there is a lot to be said about unloading and being done with it. Rick Sack has an excellent reputation for land in Tucson, if I was to sell land that is who I would use. Look him up, works for Long Realty. I really don't specialize in it.

Best of luck,
Spirit Messingham
520 471-6900
Tierra Antigua Realty
I just answered the same question for a bank that owns 5 acres, similar amenities. The 5-acre property next door sold at auction for $46,000 (that is the bottom of the value range) and is being offered for resale at $99,500 (not selling, so that is above the top of the range). I told the bank to expect $75,000 or less; the same price per acre would give you a value of $60,000 or less, depending on location, views, topography, etc.
Land is a tough market right now, probably not very much. In order to give you an accurate picture, I would need to know the property address (if there is one, or legal description) and its location.
Mary
Cell: (520) 549-8769 or Toll-Free (800) 279-2211 x1661
MDiaz@longrealty.com
Visit my website at http://www.maryediaz.com

Mary E. Diaz, GRI, CNE, AHDC, REALTOR®
Associate Broker
Master of Real Estate Society
Historic Real Estate Program, National Trust for Historic Preservation
Long Realty Company
Web Reference: http://www.maryediaz.com