Bonnie, Other/Just Looking in Woodstock, VA

i have a 2 bedroom duplex 4 years old in Woodstock,VA to sell. How hard will it be to sell/?

Asked by Bonnie, Woodstock, VA Wed Jul 21, 2010

Hi Bonnie,

We are getting seniors that are looking to down-size every week. Being your home is practically new, I would think that it would be ready to go . Let's get it out to the purchaser as soon as possible. Just let me know how I can assist you.

Bobby Poff
Sales Agent -

Johnston & Rhodes Real Estate
336 South Main Street
Woodstock, VA 22664
540.975.0615 C
540.459.9650 O
540.459.9661 F

Licensed Real Estate Sales Associate in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Bonnie, As it stands there have only been a handful of duplex's sold in Woodstock over the past year ranging in sales from $155,000 up to $250,000 (per the local mls system results). There are many variables that determine the desireability of a home, duplex or otherwise. Pricing correctly is a key element. Even in a distressed market people interested can find value in correct and comparable pricing. Location and upkeep of the area is a variable. Additionally, the condition of the home is important. Fresh paint and fixing those ongoing little tasks you normally don't have time for makes a difference in the sale. Your buyers' perception is what counts in a situation such as this. Try to remain objective in getting your duplex ready to sell. I always tell my sellers to approach each task/update as if they were the ones purchasing the home. The return for your money invested is quite substantial regarding many of the updates. As always, look to a professional Realtor to aide you in the process of pricing, updates that render you the most return for your money, and a sales strategy that's based on your individual needs.
Hi Bonnie,

Great question! The answer is: we are currently in a buyer's market, as you know, so the key to having your house get alot of showings and in turn, get an offer or offers, is to do a few things well: 1) hire a REALTOR who will get you the most exposure on the internet (most buyers- over 90% find the home they buy on the internet first), as well as a REALTOR who knows your market and will show you comparable duplexes to yours so that you can arrive at a realistic list price and you 2) price it to today's market's comparable sales. and 3) take a look at your exterior and spruce it up, freshen it up (flowers, etc.) to get great curb appeal, and 4) look at each room and get rid of clutter and extra furniture... do your best to make it look like a model home. I actually help my clients "stage" their homes b/c it will help their place sell more quickly and for more money than those similar properties that are overcrowded and cluttered. It would be my pleasure to come see your place and provide you with comparables and a suggested list price when you are ready.

Best of luck to you as you decide whether to list and sell your house. I know this is a big decision and I wish you well!
Janice Copeland, REALTOR
540-931-5050 (cell)