Market Conditions in 02332>Question Details

Lisa, Other/Just Looking in Duxbury, MA

i am applying for a real estate tax abatement for the town of duxbury i have notice that the average price per sq. ft. has decreased

Asked by Lisa, Duxbury, MA Tue Jan 12, 2010

what trends/stats can i also use on my abatement form?

Answers

2
I would recommend contacting a local real estate agent who specializes in your community. The agent can look at recent sales of homes comparable to yours, but you should be aware that assessments are based on sales data that is sometimes up to two years old, which is why there is often a wide discrepancy between current market value and assessed value. It's not an exact science because no two homes are exactly alike, but I do know that the Assessor's office in Duxbury is very good to work with. Good luck!
Web Reference: http://raveis.com
Plenty of stats. Some here on Trulia. You can also check out AOL real estate has some good stats, per Town as well.

Domania is pretty good too. All free.
Hope that is helpful. If you know what a neighbor or somebody on your street recently sold for, and it helps your case, that would be beneficial to include as well.
Let me know if you need any further help. Good luck with the abatement!

Ken L.