Market Conditions in Ventura>Question Details

Zerm93013, Home Buyer in Ventura, CA

how would i find comparables of rent around this area? would i go to the country to request information?

Asked by Zerm93013, Ventura, CA Tue May 29, 2012

House being rented for 2000 want to know if its a price that is being paid by other renters

Answers

3
Any time I have looked for comps on rentals I own it's come from a combination of the MLS if I have access, but all the other sites give you a start Zillow and the rest. But to my mind what really tells you what is going for what is what the local property management company sites listings for rent. They do not want their client's places empty very long so they know what the neighborhood will bear.
"it has come from" not "it's come from" - hate it when I do that.
Flag Mon Sep 21, 2015
Find comparable rentals in the local Newspaper, weekly magazine (The Reporter) and on Craigslist or call a local management company, then base your rent amount on the average price. 2K per month is average for a 3 bed 2 bath home on the East End of Ventura.
Ask the listing agent for recent comparables.