Keiyi, Home Buyer in Omaha View, Omaha, NE

how's the real estate market in omaha?

Asked by Keiyi, Omaha View, Omaha, NE Thu Nov 5, 2009

is there need for homes? how's the market faring?

Answers

3
Keiyi,

Here is a link to a 15 month Trendgraphix report of the Omaha area market. You will see that the number of homes in the area are down 9% from a year ago, Pending Sales are up 39%, and Sold homes are up 20%. If you would like a report that is more specific to a home search that would be interested in, e-mail me at Roy@RoyKotzRealtor and I will get the data to you.
I represent Celebrity Homes in Omaha. I have worked for them for 12 years.
Our new homes priced from $120,000 to the low $200's have sold like crazy this year!!
I've been a realtor in Omaha since 1995. I think the Omaha market is very strong,
& seems to be a lot more stable than other parts of the country. I travel extensively & have noticed
steep declines in California and Florida. Here in Omaha we have not seen the declines like they have-
Our prices gradually increase year to year, typically 2-5%. Because we did not have the HUGE
outrageous increases, we have not seen the big fall.
Web Reference: http://www.MonicaLang.com
Market is very strong for homes in good condition, well-staged, below the $250,000 price range.
I'm sensing a slow return of the new custom home building.
The extension and expansion of the tax credit should help.
Dean Uhing
Prudential Ambassador Real Estate
402-709-0727