Jefiner1986, Home Buyer in Ellerslie, GA

how often do sales go completely to close in this area?

Asked by Jefiner1986, Ellerslie, GA Sat May 5, 2012

Answers

3
That depends on the nature of the seller. I assume your question is really targeted for non stressed re-sales. In the Ellerslie area, of which I spend a lot time, my educated guess would be about 30-40% go to close over the past 2 years. That sounds bad, but the National Average is 20%.

If the home is bank owned, then typically the answer is 100%. They will continue to reduce the price of a home until someone purchases. The same can be said for new construction. Even if the builder goes bankrupt and the bank takes owenership, the bank will end up selling the home to someone.
Pricing is key to a sale in a rural county like Harris. Have your real estate agent perform a market analysis on your home. This will shed light on the current market value of your home. The list price has to be competitive with recently sold comparables and active listings in order to attract a buyer. Remember, any buyers agent will surely make their client aware if a listing is over-priced. Furthermore, if the buyers are getting a loan, the property must appraise for contract price or higher before the loan can be closed. Appraisals are based on recently sold comparable properties. Be realistic about what the current market can yield and you will sell your property.
As long as they are priced right, they will go pretty quickly. Average time on the market is about 4 months. Are you looking to buy or sell?