sarahlee, Home Buyer in Redlands, CA

how much over or under the asking price should you offer?

Asked by sarahlee, Redlands, CA Wed Nov 28, 2012

what are the sold comps

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/compare/1048753370-915-W-Palm…

Answers

9
Asking price is never the key, What is the value of the home as compared to other similar homes.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 1, 2012
Hello sarahlee, It is not always the solution to offer more than the asking price these days. The seller will consider offers paying there own closing costs over offers asking for closing costs. So, depending on how much funds you have to invest into the purchase, you may want to consider CHF Access half percent down payment program which can also contriibtue towards your closing costs as well?
I Only need an email address to send the market analysis and financing opitons.

Do you have pre-approval, down payment and closing costs?

http://www.under640ficoscoreloans.com/Pages/ContactSheryl.aspx
Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker – Sr. Loan Officer CA only
REO & Short Sale Specialist
20+ Years Experience
DRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
760-486-4225
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 1, 2012
Hi Sarahlee,

If you are willing to email me at Lon@OrangehillRealty.com then I will reply with a sold comps report to help you.

Lon Mapes
Orangehill Realty
Owner/Broker
After reveiwing the sold comps and completing a FMV (Fair Market Value) analysis, you will know rather quickly what to offer. Good luck to you!
Hi Sarahlee,

My office is located in Downtown Redlands so we are experts in this market. Because of the current low inventory of hoems for sale in Redlands, almost all hoems are receiving multiple offers and most are receiving offers over asking price.

This home at 915 W. Palm is in a well respected neighborhood so I believe it will recive offers at or over asking price.

Please feel free to call me and we can give you more insights.

Lon Mapes
Owner/Broker
Orangehill Realty
300 E. Citrus Ave.
Redlands, CA 92373
(909) 307-1008
http://www.RedlandsRealtyPros.com
Hi Sarahlee,

This is one of the many commonly accepted services provided by a local real estate professional. Our recommendation is that working on obtaining your home via a realtor will greatly increase your chances for obtaining a home under terms and conditions that are favorable to you.

In order to determine a fair offer review comps with your agent, recently sold similar properties in the immediate area; see what the data suggests and go from there; keep in mind that if a property is priced on target, or slightly below, multiple offers may occur...
Hey Sarah,

Considering the price reduction in the home and the amount of time it's been on the market as Skip stated, it would be safe to say that you could offer less than the listing price. Most of the time Trulia isn't completely up to date with their information so check the MLS for an updated list. I'm not too sure of the market over there, but I would suggest contacting a REALTOR in your area and working with them to see how much to offer on the home. Best of luck to you!

Daniel Kwak
Keller Williams Classic Realty
Hi Sara,
I am not familiar with the area but I can tell you that the property has been on the market for 82 days. The original list price was $339,000 and was reduced to 329,000 then again to 319,900. Based on this information alone, I would suggest offering less than asking price. I would suggest you have a local realtor help you with the comps.