Market Conditions in Tampa>Question Details

myedward, Home Seller in Tampa, FL

how long is the average time on the market for carrollwood area townhomes, villas. How much inventory is available.?

Asked by myedward, Tampa, FL Tue May 8, 2012

Answers

3
Lisa Reeves’ answer
Right now we are experiencing a great shift in the market. While this doesn't mean every listing, the average inventory for areas is about 4.5 months which says we are in a Seller's market. However unless you are priced correctly - buyers are still hesitant to over bid homes. I have seen multiple bids on properties in South Tampa, Westchase, and Carrollwood, however the multiple bids were under the asking price. Homes well priced may go under contract in less than 1 week or same day. Contact me if I may answer any other questions.
Currently there are 17 Villas & Townhomes for sale in the 338618 & 33624 zip codes.

There are 29 units pending and 75 closed sales in the last 6 months... so just a little more than 30 days of inventory on the market.

The average unit is going under contract in 94 days, while the median number of days on market is 38... why the big discrepancy?

As Lisa mentioned, some homes are getting multiple offers and selling very fast, while other properties, many of them short sales are taking longer to get contracts and longer to close.

Anyway, I hope this helps.
One of the unfortunate things about today's present Tampa Bay real estate market is that there are no averages. Townhomes and villas in the Carrollwood area have been on the market anywhere from two weeks to one year, all based on many qualities of the property. For example, condition of the home, neighborhood, HOA fees and dues but the main reason for it to sell or stay on the market is price. Carrollwood area townhomes and villas are on the upswing in sales but not as much availability right now.

As a lifelong resident of the Carrollwood area, I have seen that area manage well through the UPS and downs of the economy. If you would like some more info, pls contact me.