609 High Road, Home Seller in Westlake Highlands,...

how long does it usually take to sell your home?

Asked by 609 High Road, Westlake Highlands, Austin, TX Thu Mar 18, 2010

Answers

7
Elizabeth Clark’s answer
Hello. I'm a Westlake-based agent and my broker/teammate has worked in the Westlake market for 28 years. Many factors impact the length of time it takes a home to sell, including local supply & demand factors, seasonality, the price/value ratio as perceived by potential buyers, and the condition of the home. The good news is that a good agent will work with a seller to control as many of these factors as possible through conducting a thorough pricing analysis, providing the owner customized home staging advice, and marketing the home in a favorable light far and wide, utilizing both traditional and new media marketing methods.

We could run the past statistics on your neighborhood for you if you are thinking about selling to give you the average days on market (ADOM) in your area. Please let me know if you are seriously considering selling your home and I'll be happy to prepare a customized listing proposal for you. I have 15 years of marketing experience, utilize the latest online technologies to market homes most effectively, and have an extensive network in Austin and especially Westlake.

In order to help ensure that your home sells as quickly as possible, I'd like to offer you a 3% listing that I'll reduce to 2% in 90 days if you haven't received an offer on your home. If a home hasn't sold in 90 days, it's usually prudent to take a price reduction at that time so this post-90-day reduced listing commission could help offset an eventual price move if one is required to react to changing market factors and keep your home in the appropriate price position to sell quickly.

If you want to sell, spring/summer is traditionally the best time to ensure as quick a sale as possible. Please don't hesitate to reach out if I can help you in any way. We look forward to hearing from you!

Elizabeth Clark
President and Investment Specialist, Harvard M.B.A.
Austin Residential Properties
Email: elizabethclark@austinrp.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 30, 2010
There are really 3 criteria:

1. Exposure - How often and how broadly your home is advertised.
2. Price - Is your home competitively priced. Is it the best home around for that price range.
3. Condition - Is it in good repair? Has it been remodeled recently?

All these contribute to the speed in which your home will sell in any given market.
Dear 600 High Road,
How long it takes depends on several things: current market, the condition of the home, the price point. That said if you price it competatively it should sell faster. Have your Realtor work up a Comparative Market Analysis for you and price it a few dollars below market value if you need a really quick sale. West Lake has held its value and is sought after typically due to the Eanes ISD and the close proxemity to downtown Austin.

Betina
I say you can sell your home in 30 days - if you are willing to negotiate, list it appropriately - which means not what you think its worth because you live in the nicest or best home on the block or that your Real Estate Professional which is your cousin or neighbor down the street told you what they thought it was worth. A GOOD Realtor can position your home in just about any market and make something happen. It might not sell day one but if you take into consideration that Realtors only get paid - when they sell - and they only get to sell it once if they arent ethical and professional - then interview 3 - ask questions and look at hard data in the last 30 60 90 days. See whats going on and make tough decisions about your property ie. Is it buyer friendly, is it clean, neat and orderly - would you pass inspection if Clean House came to your door - and if not you significantly lower the possibility. With the right price in any market - given consideration, to location, neighborhood demographics, and employment levels - you could even with a for sale by owner sell in 30 days. This is of course - my humble opinion.... and there are many factors that can go into selling a home. I am a firm believer that when it is meant to be - it will be but we can help ourselves along the process.
Depends-- pricing and marketing are key in today's market--also--the condition of the property, location, does it show well, is it neat, clean, clutter free, etc. Any agent can also help you--review data of recently sold similar properties in the immediate area--then make a determination as to what it suggests as time on the market.
Its hard to say or give you an exact estimate b/c just how Pelin stated below it depends on location, condition of your home/condo/townhome. Also if you are a motivated seller you can do some aggressive marketing as well as maybe lowering your home price. Talk to a local Realtor and see what options you have to increase visibility as well as to go over data around your area to see on avg. how long a home is taking to sell. Here are a few tips for sellers you can apply on your own http://chrissuh.com/resources/for-sellers/

Chris
Web Reference: http://www.chrissuh.com
Hi 609 High Road,
It depends on your home's condition, location and your area Real Estate Market. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with your area, the easiest way to learn more about your negihborhood's date on the market is contacting with a local realtor from your area. Contact me if you do not know anyone in the area, I will be happy to send you some information. You can also find home selling information on my website http://www.dallashomelist.com
Hope it helps.

Pelin
http://www.dallashomelist.com