Dori Cooper, Home Buyer in Lincolnshire, IL

how long are properties staying on the market and what is the % of list price they are selling for (within 0.5 miles of public or own beach access)

Asked by Dori Cooper, Lincolnshire, IL Sun May 27, 2012

Answers

6
This is a tricky question. The asking price and days on the market are very indicative to how realistic the seller was about the asking price when first listing the property for sale. Before signing a listing agreement with a realtor, the realtor will prepare and present a comparative market analysis showing sales from the last six months. A seller will have a very realistic picture of what their home is worth and what it will sell for in the current market under the current conditions. However, some seller's find that they want to start higher than the market (therefore creating longer days on the market). Usually after a few price adjustments down to where the market demand actually is...the property will sell (sometimes for less than if it was priced at market from the beginning). It's been proven (I've seen this numerous times myself) that if a property is priced just slightly under market. It sells quickly and usually with more demand which can and more likely will push the purchase price over the asking price which is a win-win for the seller!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 27, 2013
Hey Dori,

The average is about 60 days if priced right. The market has been really picking up and sweet places go fast. Feel free to check out my website at SantaBarbaraCalifornia.com for the most up to date listings. If you want to get emailed the newest listings daily just let me know 805 450 2882.

Ps: I specialize at getting homes below asking price and guarantee to save you thousands off asking price.

Douglas Thron
805 450 2882
SantaBarbaraCalifornia.com
Hi Dori,

The Mesa is hot, hot, hot! I have sold 2 mesa properties int the last 6 months; one on Cliff Drive and the other on San Miguel.

Mesa Stats since January 2012:
New listings: 43
Pending: 37 (open escrow)
Sold: 29 (closed escrow)
Average Days on Market for Sold listings: 63
Sold Price/Original List Price: 92%

Let me know if you have any questions. You can reach me anytime at 805-455-9600

Jake

Jake Ralston
Prudential California Realty
1170 Coast Village Road
Montecito, CA 93108
805-455-9600
jakeralston@gmail.com
http://www.jakeralston.com
Hello Dori,
Santa Barbara sales are increasing dramatically year over year, and the past month posted a 53% increase in number of sales which points to higher demand, while the supply has only grown by 3%. The average days on the market for pendings as of 4/30/2012 is 69, while the sold listings for all of Santa Barbara south county is 73 days.
However, we are beginning to see select properties which are well presented, in choice locations and priced correctly go over asking and in some cases, within a day or two. Our market is really heating up!
That said, these stats cannot be applied across the board, and sales data can vary tremendously within each neighborhood and community here in Santa Barbara. Schools, location, size, style and of course, price greatly influence demand for any given property. It is critical that a home be priced spot on to attract the most number of buyers at the highest possible price which is always my goal for my sellers. I invite you to go to my website at http://www.joypbean.com to access all current listings in our area, as well as featured properties and important information for sellers as well as buyers. Please feel free to call me for more information on current sales statistics: 805-895-1422.
Joy Bean
That is a good question but difficult to answer. If a homeowner and their Realtor price the property and market it appropriately, there is an excellent chance it will sell immediately at asking price. We are even seeing multiple offers above asking price at times. But if the property's price, location and condition are not in line with the neighborhood comps, then it can sit for some time. Home affordability is at a high, interest rates are low and we are seeing eager buyers re-enter the market. So it's Important to work with a professional to ensure you make an informed decision.
Hi Dori,

Over the past 2 months the average time on the market for Mesa, East, and West Beach properties has been 60 days,.and the ratio of list to sales price has been 91%. For more information regarding beach or other properties please contact me at John@SearchSantaBarbara.com or visit http://www.SearchSantaBarbara.com.

John Bahura