O, Home Buyer in Costa Mesa, CA

how is the laguna market in so. cal

Asked by O, Costa Mesa, CA Tue Mar 18, 2008

Answers

4
Hi O,

Check out my blog. I recently wrote an article and provided a link that describes market conditions in each of the 83 zip codes of Orange County. All of the Laguna's are represented. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have questions.
You mentioned Laguna market...Are you interested in Laguna Beach? or Laguna Niguel, Laguna Hills, or Laguna Woods? These are all quite different. If you are still in the market for property in Laguna, please let me know which area and I will get back to you! Thanks, Cynthia
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 4, 2008
The Laguna market is good for buying, but not so good for selling. I don't think we've hit bottom on the prices yet. However, there are a lot of deals to be had as the high number of homes on the market puts pressure on motivated sellers to price their home competitively at, or slightly below, market value.

Is there a particular section of Laguna you are interested in? I can give you more specific advice if I know where you are looking. I am a residence of Laguna Beach and very familiar with the homes currently on the market, those that have sold in recent months, and those that did not sell either because the asking price was too high or the home needed too much work.

If I can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Warmest Regards,

Amanda R. Wheeland
Real Estate Advisor & Lawyer
Laguna Beach currently has 419 homes on the market, that is 52 more homes than this time last year. There are 21 homes in escrow and 10 that have closed already for the month of March. (If you look at a year's worth of history, LB averaged 25 homes closing each month.)

Of the homes SOLD, there is a difference of 6.63% between the list price and the closed sale price.

The absorbtion rate is currently 16.4.

The average Days on Market for homes that closed was 92.

As a buyer, what does this mean to you?
Web Reference: http://www.OCBeachBlog.com