Market Conditions in Melrose>Question Details

singhtulika72, Other/Just Looking in Los Angeles, CA

how far is melrose from beverly hills?

Asked by singhtulika72, Los Angeles, CA Mon Dec 23, 2013

This question was asked from http://=www.trulia.com%2Fproperty%2F1063814028-648-N-Crescent-Heigh… target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.trulia.com/property/1063814028-648-N-Crescent-Hei…

Answers

10
Hi singhtulika,

The section of Melrose by Crescent Heights has become very upscale over the last 30 years and is known for the high concentration of storefronts specializing in virtually every aspect of interior decorating from Persian rugs, antiquities, and Rennaisance art to cutting edge contemporary design and furniture.

Melrose actually ends at the eastern end of Beverly Hills just a couple of miles to the west and the downtown area (Rodeo Drive etc.) is just a mile past that. Beverly and Santa Monica Boulevards to the north and south of Melrose also provides very quick access into Beverly Hills and Westwood/UCLA to the west and into Hollywood to the east.

Crescent Heights & Melrose is in an excellent central location. Here's a bit more information since you're from out of state:

West Hollywood and the Sunset Strip are just a mile or so to the north with Hollywood Boulevard (including to classic Grauman's, Pantages, & Egyptian theaters) and the Hollywood Bowl about 2 miles to the northeast

The Beverly Center Mall and Cedars-Sinai Hospital are just a mile to the south-west on Beverly Boulevard.

The 'hip' section of Melrose Boulevard with trendy shopping , boutiques, restaurants, and entertainment are less than a mile to the east. Fairfax High School is located there (where I went to school.)

The Historic Farmer's Market & New Grove Mall are a mile to the southeast on Beverly Boulevard.

The L.A. County Art Museum, La Brea Tar Pits Pliestocene History Museum, and Petersen Auto Museum are two miles to the south on Wilshire Boulevard.

The three main north-south streets in the area (La Brea / Fairfax/ La Cienega) also all offer a wide variety of shopping and dining options as well as quick access to the offices on the Wilshire Corridor a couple of miles to the south (which is the heart of the city,) the 10 Freeway about 4 miles to the south for quick access to the beach and Downtown L.A., and the international airport (LAX) about 8 miles south

I do have a comment about the home you asked about. Though Crescent Heights may appear to be a smaller secondary street with only 2 to 4 lanes it is very busy much of the time, especially during rush hour. This is generally true of most secondary avenues in Los Angeles and the areas around West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, the Westside, and Santa Monica (north of the 10 Freeway) tend to be particularly crowded during rush hour.

Please feel free to contact me anytime if you have questions or need help finding a home here. Though my website focuses on the L.A.'s Beach Cities, as a native of 55 years I have detailed knowledge of all the neighborhoods in L.A. from Santa Monica, Marina del Rey, Venice and West L.A. to Westwood, Bel Air, Beverly Hills, Fairfax, the Hollywood Hills and Downtown.

Best of Luck in Your Relocation Here!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 23, 2013
Melrose Avenue runs east and west, and it ends right at the border of Beverly Hills. Are you thinking or buying a property in that area? Please call me at 818-730-8635, or e-mail me at rholcwl@pacbell.net.
I hope to hear from you and have a Merry Christmas.
Clint Lohr, Keller Williams World Media Center--Burbank.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 23, 2013
Hi. The property is approx under 2 miles... just 5 minutes away. If you are interested in this property or any others, I would be pleased to assist you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 23, 2013
Approx a mile and a half.
Susan Bo'ur
Realtor/ Coldwelll Banker
(310) 600-4240
Susan@BeverlyHillsLuxuryFlats.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 23, 2013
To drive from the Melrose area to Beverly Hills I would allow myself 15 minutes. It isn't that far away in miles but there is always traffic in Los Angeles. It also depends where in Beverly Hills you are going.
Beverly Hills is about 10 minutes away...not even...to the edge...but Beverly Hills i a large area. It depends on where in Beverly Hills.

Crescent Heights is about a 10 to 15 minute drive depending on traffic to the edge of BH on Robertson.

Let me know if I may assist.

Kat
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 27, 2013
Doesn't it take just as much time for you to go MapQuest and find out than it does to ask this question on this forum?
The Melrose area is just a few miles aways from Beverly Hills. Great location. Also there are other areas close to Beverly Hills. Pico area too.

Monique Carrabba
The Carrabba Group
Homes. Investment Properties. Real Estate.
Realtor + EcoBroker
P: (323) 899-2900
F: (323) 703-1305
mcarrabba@me.com
http://www.carrabbagroup.com
Twitter: @moniquecarrabba
Facebook: moniquecarrabba
Skype: moniquecarrabba
BRE License #01708376
thanku monique & joe caraabba
Flag Tue Dec 24, 2013
This house is in "Hollywood Hills West" Melrose is a Street that runs from East Hollywood, to West Hollywood, to about Doheny, on the border of Beverly Hills. To answer your question, this home is located less than 10 min away, and Melrose Ave less than 5 min away.
Really? You're going to ask us that question? Ever heard of Google?