David69, Home Buyer in Washington Heights,...

how does one determine the fair price/sq ft of an apartment in washington heights - south of the bridge near columbia presbyterian hospital area?

Asked by David69, Washington Heights, New York, NY Sun Aug 5, 2012

Answers

4
Yelena Deltsova’s answer
I absolutely agree with Adina and Anna. All that put together plus an agent on your side who knows local market. As a matter of fact the agent can do all that for you.
If you need advise or an agent, feel free to contact. If I can't help myself I can recommend the best agents working in Washington Heights.
Good Luck
Yelena
646-645-9833
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 3, 2012
Keep in mind that square footage costs do vary, and don't account for exact location and other considerations, such as property size, condition, etc.; therefore, it's really in your best interest to also review comps, recently closed sold similar properties in the immediate area. Consider working with an agent of your own, he/she will be your best guide.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 5, 2012
yes, exact location does matter--but not considered in square footage calculations--they are an average of all....
Flag Tue Aug 7, 2012
"...and don't account for exact location..." Thank you so much for your answer but I don't understand this concept. Are you saying that exact location does not matter? I would think that the location HAS to matter and similar apartments within the same building. If you care to expand on your thought I would welcome the advice. I would work with an agent exclusively but good ones are hard to find. Is there a source that does valuations of neighborhoods and buildings? Thank you!
Flag Sun Aug 5, 2012
The best thing to do is find comparable apartments and check the prices of those sold in the past 6 months. There you have your fair price.
It is important to look for real similar listings, for instance, if the listing you are interested in is a walk up, don't compare it with an elevator building, condo versus coop (although there are only a few condos in Washington Heights and not in the area you mentioned), HDFC coop versus coop, etc.
I have some nice apartments available in that area. If you are interested, please contact me today. My name is Erika and I can be reached at 917-335-8569. Thank you and good luck.