Tilie, Home Owner in Carmichael, CA

how do i find out how much my house is worth? i live in an area where home values are still holding but i'm not sure if i'm one of the

Asked by Tilie, Carmichael, CA Thu Jan 20, 2011

lucky ones.

Answers

12
There are several ways: 1) get an appraisal, 2) put your home on the market, or 3) get an analysis from me.

Two of these may not be the preferred way to find out but they are the best ways. The CMA you get from me is a guesstimate as an appraiser uses more rigor and analysis to come to their opinion. Putting your home on the market is a commitment you may not want to make. But if you want to refinance, you would need an appraisal anyway.

You can view my charts at http://JayEmerson.com/Carmichael.html but these charts reflect the median for the entire zip code.
Just email me and I will do a CMA for you.
As stated prior, one of the easiest ways to find out what the current market value is to contact a local RE Agent. I would highly recommend you contact an Agent that knows the neighborhood your home is located in. The market conditions in Carmichael have faired better than many areas within the region. However, that does mean that Carmichael is immune to the effects of the number of Distressed Properties that are being offered for sale today. The key factors to consider are; property condition, adjacencies, home/lot size, and LOCATION.
How much my house is worth? Home values are still holding? Blogs plus,other help available at: http://www.sierraproperties.com
or email: zteam4u@gmail.com
Web Reference: http://sierraproperties.com
Look on Zillow or Trulia or some other free site. Ask your neighbor how much their house sold for. That is of course if you are 'just curious'.

If you are serious about selling then talk with a Realtor.
Carmichael, like all home areas, are influenced by the market within close proximity of your home. If you're closer to East Sacramento, then you might not have had as much of a drop, but expect everywhere had some. You can find out what your home is worth by asking any realtor to do a comparative market analysis to show what's sold for a similar type property in your immediate area. You can also check some online sources like Zillow but they are less accurate because foreclosure, or other title recordings that are not real sales may skew that number (can be off by as much as 25% as you can see when you click on 'what is a zestimate').

sorry but no one was not influenced. the question is what you bought it for, and what the current value is, to determine if you're one of the many that's upside down. So why do you ask?
Web Reference: http://www.suearcher.com
Hello Tilie,
Why do you want to know? Are you thinking of selling or are you just curious? I'm sure you have some knowledge of your neighborhood and what homes are selling for, right? I would go with what you know about your neighborhood for the time being. Then when you consider selling your question should be, how do I get top dollar for my home. Either way vaue is a subjective thing and can change from person to person. I don't know how else to answer your question.
The easiest way to get a handle on your property's value is to ask a real estate agent to do a Competitive Market Analysis. Many agents are willing to do this for you at no cost, just for the opportunity to talk to you.

Ron
HI Tillie.

There is NO area in Carmichael where the home values are holding from the peak of the market boom days of 2005. By "NO area." I mean there is not a single street or neighborhood where the value in 2011 comes anywhere near the value that would have been estimated for the same house in 2005.
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA
Hi Tilie,

There is a saying, that rising tides raises all ships and the opposite is true as well. One has to be careful about those who may try and tell us our home values have held up during these difficult times. I personnally do not know of any neighborhood that hasn't had a reduction in home values. However, some neighborhoods may have faired better than others.

I would be more than happy to assist you in determining the current market value of your home. Simply email me back and let me know when we can set an appointment. I offer this service free of charge. If you have any other questions feel free to email of call me at 916 813-2839.
Tilie, your best bet is to find a realtor in your area. They will gladly give you a free market evaluation on your home. If its not free, find another agent.

Nicholas
Hi Tilie, the best way to find out is to contact a local Realtor, and ask if they would prepare a CMA for you, most would be happy to do so, as they would be interested in earning your future business.