if cruz, Both Buyer and Seller in Providence, RI

how do i determine price per sq. ft. in any given area?

Asked by if cruz, Providence, RI Fri Jan 18, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/homes/Rhode_Island/Providence/sold/100…

Answers

5
Joseph Del Sesto, GRI, SRS’s answer
It's very simple; you take the sold price and divide it by the square footage of the home (if it's correct).
ie: $200,000 (sold price) ÷ 2,000 (sf of house) = $100 / square foot. Hope this helps. Joe D
Good Evening Ifcruz99,

I have a monthly document that I put together for my office that has the last 13 months worth of sales data and charts for many RI cities and towns and would happy to share this information with you. As others have mentioned price/sq foot is by no means an end all be all, but along with other key information you can get a pretty good idea of value.

Let me know if you would like this information( not just ifcruz, I will gladly supply to anyone)

Happy Hunting,
Chris
Web Reference: http://cjcsellshomes.com
This may not be that important, in many cases one does not even have an exact square footage.
And if it is a newer construction and the measurements are given by the contractor/builder, they
measure from outside wall to outside wall, after all that is what they are building....

And is that number that important for the purchase itself. There should be a very good way, knowing
an app. sq.ft. of a home, by simply multiplying the room measurements and then adding for hallways
and rooms that are not measured eventually not in the listing information....

But then compare to similar homes, similar style, similar lot size, similar type of construction i.e. all brick, stone or other, and building materials and high end, mid range or low range inside amenities.
There is so much more that is indicative of the right price for a particular home. Compare compare
compare, when you walk into the home that fits your needs, your style and your pocket book you will
get excited and your Realtor then can provide you with the comparable recently sold homes similar to that one, and then you will know what you want to offer and how far you are willing to negotiate on terms and price.

Good Luck to you
Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago, North Shore & Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and
Investors alike....And always with a SMILE :)

Covering for @Properties Chicago & suburbs, and with her trusted Partner
Agents US & world wide properties. French, German, some Spanish &more EdithSellsHomes@atproperties.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at http://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
Get to know me! Learn about my experience, expertise, services! Read letters
of recommendation! Sign up to search for properties in my expanded service area.
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
Ruth, the client's name was not Josh. That is my name.
Hi there, I'd be happy to get you more info on this property and others like it. The price per square foot is typically calculated by dividing asking price by the livable area of the property. Or if you want to know price per square foot of acreage, then you use the building lot as the denominator instead. Get in touch with me at joshg@alumni.brown.edu or 401 527 1994, though, and we can talk about this question and whatever more you are considering in your search. Best, J