Gigi, Other/Just Looking in Bernal Heights, San...

how do I find out what houses in Bernal Heights sold for?

Asked by Gigi, Bernal Heights, San Francisco, CA Tue Jun 2, 2009

Answers

8
It's best to check with a Realtor. The web sites other than the MLS that Realtors use are often inaccurate.

Shaban Shakoori
TRI Coldwell Banker, SF's #1 Office
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 6, 2009
All answers below will get you more or less the info you need. Pick a REALTOR and work with her/him... it takes nothing at all for any one of us to pull SOLD comps for you or setup an Auto-Search to help you track the market. (though it does take our experience to make sense of that data... it's our business so it's what we do) If you are shy about talking to a REALTOR of course you can cull data from any online real estate site but oftentimes there are inaccuracies and a lag in posting data and without experience in the market you may not entirely get the entirety of the picture of what the current numbers are telling you. You will do yourself a favor to simply align with one of us and let us save you time and trouble trying to recreate the wheel. Let us do the work and offer meaningful analysis. There is no obligation for consulting. We're delighted to make the contact and help you out. Any one of us.

Best, Callista
Team Leader of Team Shepherd Oliver, Green Key Real Estate
Get an estimated guess from zillow.com. Then check the tax records for more detail. I am happy to send you some comps.

http://www.gregorygarver.com
The most accurate source for recent sales in Bernal Heights or any other neighborhood is MLS or tax assessor records. However, non REALTOR/SFAR Board members do not have access to sales data from the SFAR MLS.
Zillow.com will give you information on sales but Zillow can be very misleading or inaccurate on any given property. If you contact me or any other licensed REALTOR directly with MLS access, we can email you the recent sales. There is no fee for this service.
Web Reference: http://SFlisting.com
Hi, this is Calin with PropertyShark.com

To the Binnings Team:
Thanks for referring PropertyShark as a source for recent sales in San Francisco County! However, I feel obliged to make a small correction regarding our updating of sales data. Sales in the Bay Area are updated weekly on PropertyShark.com. There can be some lag time between the sale date and when it appears on our site, but that is due to the County’s lag in recording the information (between 1.5 weeks and 2.5 weeks).

To Gigi:
Check our Comps page for San Francisco County. It's free to use. You will get all the sales recorded in the past 12 months , broken down by zip code for the San Francisco Bay Area. http://www.propertyshark.com/mason/Comps/?lcl=san_francisco
Or you could just type the address into Google and click on any of the websites that aggregate MLS data. These include Trulia, so you could also type the address into Trulia's search bar. Others include Zillow, Google Base and Redfin.

If you are working with a Realtor, that person could pull the data straight from the MLS. But there's no need for that, nor do you have to wait for county records. There are plenty of online sources these days.

Now, if you DON'T have addresses and you're looking for general market data, that's a little different. You'd be best seeking the help of a kind and giving Realtor.

Hope this helps. If I can help you further, I encourage you to drop me an email.

Jason Chapin
McGuire Urban Bay
jchapin@mcguire.com
Gigi,

You can usually find sold stats on zillow.com just by plugging in the address and they are pretty recent. If you want some help and/ore more substantive information any Realtor (including us) can get that for you. Let me know if you need some help.

Lance King/Managing Broker
415.722.5549
lance@fixedrateproperties.com
Hi Gigi,

Your best bet is to ask your Realtor. If you don't have one you are more than welcome to contact me privately at 415.830.2384 or arrian.binnings@sothebyshomes.com.

I believe the Chronicle publishes lists every week but not sure if it will have all the Bernal listings. Your next best bet is http://www.propertyshark.com, but the sales prices are pulled from the County Tax Records database and take a LONG time to update (6-12 months).

Which brings me back to my original suggestion that you contact your Realtor. We get up to the minute info on sales, closings, and new listings, and homes that go under contract. Hope this helps!

Arrian
Web Reference: http://www.binningsteam.com