Market Conditions in 19134>Question Details

Ampilot, Home Buyer in 19130

generally speaking, at what percentage rate per are homes appreciating in the port richmond area, east of

Asked by Ampilot, 19130 Wed Mar 26, 2008

aramingo? Has it been 2%, 5%? and can we really expect them to appreciate more in this current market?

Answers

2
I am quite bullish on that area of Port Richmond. Basically, prices will go up due to supply and demand. There is a great deal of demand in that section because there is 2 groups of buyers: first, the homeowner where this is where their price range is and second, the investor as the numbers and cash flow work well. Because of that, I would expect continued appreciation in that section. Even when the overall market has been flat, that section has trickled up a little bit in the last year and homes can sell relatievly quickly as well. Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions - my office is right around the corner.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 26, 2008
While I'm bearish on most of Northeast Philly, I think Port Richmond might be the exception along with Bridesburg and Fishtown.