Dennyboy, Home Buyer in Naples, FL

for miami recent sales stats, 1 says 13700 and another states 4736. which is correct?

Asked by Dennyboy, Naples, FL Thu Feb 3, 2011

Answers

4
It is a bit confusing so to clarify there has been a total of 13,700 homes sold in the Miami area . 4,736 represents the number of sales at the average listing price. Basically, it's breaking down what properties have sold for at or close to the listing price.
Hope this information helps and if you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 3, 2011
In addition to the excellent answers below we also must remember that much of what is being sold is developer inventory which is not listed on the mls.

Rachelle Hirt Group
@ GZI Real Estate
305-491-6458
Web Reference: http://www.rachellehirt.com
Honestly. I have no idea where these numbers are being referenced from. In all of Miami-Dade, as of the time I type this, there are 1,855 closed transactions for single family houses, condos, villas and townhomes within the last 30 days.

If we add those now with a contract Pending or seeking a backup contract but not yet closed, this adds another 3,823 properties to the mix within the last 30 days.

As mentioned by others below, there is more than one way to analyze data.

Also, one of my biggest pet-peeves is to see an article talking about South Florida's real estate market where they throw the name "Miami" in (I guess to catch the reader's eye), all while speaking about the tr-county area statistics and without specifically, braking it down for each county. Very confusing and misleading, to say the least.

Just for good order, as of the time of this writing, there are 22,431 single family houses, condos, villas and townhomes available for sale in the MLS and in Miami-Dade county.
Kim's spot on....

Statistics are always open to interpretation and remember that here in Miami areas can differ from one zip to another so it's almost impossible to generalize the market.

You can see some individual area stats by checking out the attached web reference link below...

Hope it helps

Alistair