Bill, Renter in California

for canyon lake what is the monthly HOA/Lake fees

Asked by Bill, California Wed Mar 13, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3074095339-30461-S-Fork-Dr-Ca…

Answers

2
HOA (POA) dues are calculated according to each property. The Canyon Lake Property Owners Association does not have flat fees for property dues.

The current fees for the property in question is $215/month.

The included amenities are:
Barbecue, Dock, Golf, Outdoor Cooking Area, Picnic Area, Playground, Sport Court, Tennis Courts, Lake access, private security within the gated community.

However, the following is a sample of additional "common" association fees:
BOAT REGISTRATION $35.00
GOLF CART REGISTRATION $35.00
VEHICLE (OVER PRESCRIBED LIMIT–4) REGISTRATION $35.00

Lake use Fees — annual NO POWER / POWER LESS THAN 3HP $0.00
POWER — 3 – 25 HP $100.00
POWER — 26 + HP $225.00
NOTE: LAKE USE FEE DOES NOT INCLUDE REGISTRATION FEE.

ESCROW ADMINISTRATION FEE ...............................................275.00
LOT CLEARING ADMINISTRATION FEE ......................................200.00
SELF HELP REPAIR ADMINISTRATION FEE.............................. 200.00
PARTY GUEST LIST .......................................................................25.00
LEASE-RENTAL FEES .................................................................150.00
LEASE-RENTAL FEES - RENEWAL ...............................................50.00
TENANT CARD ...............................................................................30.00
CARD OR VEHICLE DECAL REPLACEMENT.................................30.00
CONTRACTOR PASSES ..............................................................250.00
GARAGE SALE ...............................................................................20.00

...and many more. I have included a link to the complete 2009/10 (current) Canyon Lake Property Owners Association (POA) fee schedule for your reference.

And, like all Agents suggest (here comes my shameless self promotion) it is imperative to find a knowledgeable representative to help you understand how the additional complexities of this community affect your total property cost and value it provides. I built my personal property in Canyon Lake. After living there for many years, it provided many insights that I wish I would have understood when I bought. It is a well run POA, with tremendous value for the dues. But I believe that although Real Estate purchases are the most significant transactions people make, they often fail to consider small details that may have momentous impact.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 11, 2013
EXCELLENT information and thoughtful answer. :D Thank you so much!
Flag Mon Jan 6, 2014
I am assuming that you are not working with a Buyers Agent? Am I correct? You really should, there are so many, really many advantages to a buyer to work with his own committed Buyers Agent, a Realtor, experienced and knowledgeable in the market area you are interested in and your one stop real estate resource and guidance. Do not do this on your own. A buyers agent requires from you the buyer to be loyal to one trusted Realtor and to commit to just that one agent with open communication and that agent will consequently answer all your questions, assist in finding the right property for YOU, arrange showings, make suggestions and recommendations for each property viewed, and when ready to make and offer your personal buyers agent will provide you with a detailed market evaluation so that you will be able to provide a market friendly yet competitive offer on the home, and this agent you trust will then guide you through all the steps, paying attention to every details involved and guide you to a smooth and successful closing.

And by the way all that is required from you is your loyalty, no fees as the buyers agents of listings of another brokerage are paid by the seller's side at the closing table.... Do not do this on your own and
without the expertise of a professional on your side.

If you need a good recommendation for your area of interest e-mail me and I gladly forward a good
recommendation to you.
Good Luck to you

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago, North Shore & Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and
Investors alike....And always with a SMILE :)

Covering for @Properties Chicago & suburbs, and with her trusted Partner
Agents US & world wide properties. French, German, some Spanish &more EdithSellsHomes@atproperties.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at http://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
Get to know me! Learn about my experience, expertise, services! Read letters
of recommendation! Sign up to search for properties in my expanded service area.
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)