Market Conditions in 78613>Question Details

Investor In…, Home Buyer in Corte Madera, CA

do you suggest i invest in austin or raleigh for long term investment holdings for single family 3/2 properties in great school districts?

Asked by Investor In Single Family Homes, Corte Madera, CA Sun Mar 20, 2011

Answers

4
Good day to you. I want to compliment my colleagues below on their answers. Good information and certainly promising. It is no big secret that Austin offers a great quality of life, has not experienced the slow down near to the same degree as other markets and thus will rebound sooner than later. The market is undervalued. That is a fact. That means great opportunity for you as an investor.
I can write the same paragraph for Raleigh. Raleigh has also consistently been positioned historically as one of the 10 best Cities/Areas to call home. The demographic characteristics of Raleigh and Austin are quite similar though each in different environments. Both communities offer high qualities of life, both are locations for nationally ranked universities, both have similar growth patterns, both are vibrant, modern cities where people want to live, both offer good job opportunity with above average pay scales, both cities have above average levels of higher educated people, both will continue to grow over time, etc. etc. Simply put, both are modern diversified communities where people want to and will continue to want to live.
SO WHY NOT DIVERSIFY. As an investor one of the first rules of thumb that we are taught is to "leverage" your position. Granted the price points are not exactly the same but the economics are similar enough to create opportunities for great returns in both marketplaces over time without holding all your eggs in one basket. Spread your investment wealth so as to hedge your future position. Thus your investment dollars have less exposure to economic uncertainty. Target the "meat" of the markets with your investment dollars. Find the price points where the activity for growth, rental income streams and ROI is the maximized. Make your money work hard for you. You earned it!
Happy investing and good luck.

Stephen B. McClain, Broker Owner
Cornerstone New Home Solutions
512 876-3116
smcclain@cornerstonenewhomesolutions.com
I can respond to the Austin market but I do not have knowledge of the Raleigh market. Austin is currently undervalued by 8% and remains a strong market. According to the latest reports we should reach full recovery in 2012. I have a power point presentation I would be happy to share with you from TAMU ( Texas A & M Real Estate Center) showing all the stats and forecast on a national level and specifically central Texas real estate. Our average appreciation is 3.9% and property taxes range from 2.4% to 3.2%. Austin is a great place to invest because of job growth, low unemployment and steady property appreciation.
Eric Winkler
Broker
Real Estate Experts
Eric@reetx.com
Austin is ranked #1 on Kiplinger's list of best cities to rebound for the next decade. It is also ranked #1 on Kiplinger's list of the ten best places for your future. It's ranked #2 by Forbes as most innovative cities and Forbes ranked it as best big city for jobs. Most importantly the city and surrounding areas are 94% leased right now including homes and apartments. Austin is a terrific investor market.
I recommend looking into the Bryan/College Station market place. You can buy a 3 bedroom 2 bath home for $150,000 and have students or families rent the house out for $1350-1500 a month which will easily cover your mortgage, taxes, interest and insurance.

Please let me know if you are interested in more information and I would love to send you some. I am a realtor and investor in the College Station market place myself.