Market Conditions in 33026>Question Details

ValueZone Re…, Real Estate Pro in Pembroke Pines, FL

do you feel the market is improving ?

Asked by ValueZone Realty Co, Pembroke Pines, FL Wed Jan 8, 2014

Answers

5
I think the market in Arizona has stabilized. Seller's should have no problem selling if the home is priced right. Buyer's are finding that there are more choices out there since inventory has increased. It's a great time to buy or sell!
I think we have a very stable market now in south Florida, under $300,000 is 60 percent of the market though and the reason for all the hype in the media.
Reviewing the "Market In A Minute" reports on my Trulia blogs compels one to ask the questions, "For whom is the market improving?" and "What is the measure for improvement?"
-
If traditional sales volume is the measure...you bet it has improved since 2009.
If market improvement is defined as "Values are not spiraling down," then you bet it has improved since 2009.
-
However, if one were to assess if home selling has become easier for the home owner, that would present the challenge of being aware of what has happened between 2005 and 2014. A home seller faces off against faceless, irresponsible, reckless organizations and lenders and professionals whose intent has little relationship to 'Fair Market Value.'
-
For those making money through the buying and selling of real estate things have improved.
For the homeowner, new hazards and perils have been created and nurtured by the very people who make the money, with the outcome of a more hostile environment for the home owner.
-
For the overwhelming majority of communities, as revealed through the trend lines on the Market In A Minute reports, values have actually flat-lined over the past 3 years. If that is an improvement, then I'm on board with the good news. There are isolated reports of 15 to 30% value increases, but that appears rarely in these reports of home values on the Gulf Coast around Tampa.

Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://FIrstLookHomes.us.
I feel like you may be onto something.
Absolutely! We have seen sales increase quite a bit in the northeast.