mikejapp, Home Seller in New York, NY

current value of Pre war 5th flr condo W/end at 100 st 2220 sq ft appraised June 2012 $2.45 M

Asked by mikejapp, New York, NY Sun Jun 16, 2013

(4 beds , 2 .5 baths: 8 rooms with 10ft ceilings remodelled walk in kitchen - new hardwood floors

Answers

8
Contact and invite a few local agents from different realty companies and ask for a cma, comparable market analysis, review the data, ask opinions and go from there; cma's are generally provided free of charge by most agents; or consider hiring a professional appraiser....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 17, 2013
Dear Sir,

An appraisal is an estimate is supposed to be an unbiased professional based on comparable recent sales. A seller hopes market sentiment becomes more positive and a buyer has a strong desire for the seller's place, a desire which is expressed in a premium price. An exclusive broker representing you, should market the property widely, instill desire in buyers for your unit, and give you sound, unbiased consulting, regarding market conditions for your unit and your needs.

Presently, market demand and prices have increased greatly since last year. If the appraisal was accurate, your condominium should be substantially higher. Probably more than $3,000,000.

Peter Howard, Associate Broker
Charles Rutenberg, LLC
127 East 56th Street
New York, NY 10022
917 414-5093
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 17, 2013
my name is terry kennedy, am a cardiologist and a private consultant , am seeking a nice home to buy for me and my wife. i will need you to contact me with your personal email address so we can discuss further.. here is my emailterrykennedy613@yahoo.com,Kindly get back to me ASAP ! thanks
Mikejapp,
The value most definitely has gone up, as our market has certainly trendedup since June of last year. You are in a very desirable location where inventory is scarce. I would suggest you get another appraisal to find out the current value. If you are thinking of selling it, you would want to use a skilled experienced agent, and one of the first things we would do is give you our idea of what it should sell for based upon the current comps of active, in contract and recently sold of as similar apts as possible based upon available data (the same data appraisers use).

Jenet Levy
Halstead Property, LLC
jlevy@halstead.com
212 381-4268
http://jenetlevy.halstead.com
Flag Mon Jun 17, 2013
Hello Mike,

My guess is between 3 million and 3.5 million, but this depends greatly on the view, the light, the layout of the apartment and the over all condition.

I would also suggest getting an appraisal, or at least getting a look at some comps. I would be happy to do a market analysis for you, as I am sure any of the local Real Estate Agents would as well.

Janine
HI Mike,
I would need a bit more information before I could give you a comparative market analysis and a proper valuation. However; I can tell you that if you have a condo that you are looking to sell I have buyers waiting in line.
I suggest getting another appraisal if you wish to know the current value of your unit.

Chances are, the values have gone up. This is the trend I have been seeing doing appraisals and brokerage in Manhattan.

You can reach out to Vanderbilt Appraisal at 212-546-1070 to request a new appraisal.

Jennifer Chiongbian
SVP/ Associate Broker
Rutenberg Realty NYC
9172502284
Approximately the same, but given the saturation of buyers in the market, multiple bids could bring you higher