Market Conditions in Dallas>Question Details

Flenton, Renter in Dallas, TX

crime rate in area

Asked by Flenton, Dallas, TX Mon Mar 25, 2013

This question was asked from…

Christopher Pagli - ABR’s answer
Hi, You can visit and click on the city reports section for in-depth crime stats and area demographics. Other secondary options would be and for street specific crimes.

Hi Flenton,

For crime data - you can visit

You can go to a local website and get additional information, or use the information Trulia provides, but remember also that the above link is a SOLD property, and just a public record information about a home that recently sold......

If you are in the market to buy in Dallas, you need to connect with an experienced Realtor you Buyers
Agent to assist you in all aspects of the buying process, do not do this alone!

Careful with asking Realtors about good bad or neighborhoods, according to the law it is very much not the job of a Realtor to recommend one neighborhood to another. The reason being that guiding a client, i.e. buyer to one or several neighborhoods and away from others, may be perceived as STEERING which is against the law... Furthermore I like to mention that everyone's like or dislike of a certain area or neighborhood very much is a very personal decision and so it should be...

Therefore some personal research needs to be done by the buyers. I always suggest to my client buyers to explore the various neighborhoods in specific cities first via websites, then visit the local police dept and get some additional real information concerning crime etc., and then check out the school report if those are important to you, and yes drive through the neighborhood once you narrowed it down to a home, stop at the neighbors and ask your questions.

A Realtor will be on your side and protect your interests as far as Price/Value of the property is concerned, will negotiate the best price and terms in your best interest, advise you on resale value, and also let you know what is around,i.e parks, schools, activities, train station etc. You need the agent
for the value of the property in the market area and as an agent representing you and your interest.

Hope this helps you ..... I hope that you are working with a local Realtor, your personal Buyers Agent,
his or her services for properties listed with another brokerage are free to you, as buyers agents are are paid by the seller's side at the closing, all that is required from you the buyer client is your loyalty to one Realtor and your open communication and commit to that one Realtor and the entire buying
process will be so much easier and run smoothly to a successful closing :-)
Good Luck to you

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago, North Shore & Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and
Investors alike....And always with a SMILE :)

Covering for @Properties Chicago & suburbs, and with her trusted Partner
Agents US & world wide properties. French, German, some Spanish &more or
Check out my website at
Get to know me! Learn about my experience, expertise, services! Read letters
of recommendation! Sign up to search for properties in my expanded service area.
There is a link at the top of the Trulia web page "Local Info" that will provide a great deal of information. Click on the "Crime" link after you have entered the address or zip code in the search field on left top of web page. There is an interactive map & detailed reports.