Market Conditions in Loxley>Question Details

Lee, Home Owner in Spanish Fort, AL

confused?? is everything in the house staying ???

Asked by Lee, Spanish Fort, AL Sun Jul 21, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3119872409-25473-Seraphim-Ct-…

Answers

3
If you buy this or any other property where furniture is being transferred, you will want to be sure your offer states that furnishings are being included at no value if you are trying to get financing.

I ran into this issue when some folks were only including a couple of pieces of furniture. The lender made us get a furniture appraiser to give a written yard-sale-value appraisal of the pieces being sold with the house. That figure was deducted from the purchase price and the balance was left as the cost basis for the financing. It might be best to agree to what the real estate and furnishings are worth separately, with a bill of sale for the contents contingent on the purchase of the real estate. You close on the real estate, then give separate payment for the personal property immediately afterward.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
thank you--we don't need the furniture--we have plenty--very unusual--we lived in Lillian al for 7 years and moved back to b'ham after storms to be near children but they moved--sooo thought a little north instead of liilian would be good
Flag Sun Jul 21, 2013
Hi Lee. I have this property listed and Yes! That means everything. Or if a buyer is not interested in the everything that is there. They will make arrangements to move it all out. This was their vacation home, and they live out of country. They wanted to leave everything for the new owners.
Yes, it seems so. That is what this means:

25473 Seraphim Ct Tastefully Decorated Completely Furnished, From the Towels in the Bath, Pots N Pans to ALL Furniture! Even the Big Screen TV! W/D, Fridge, Patio, Lamps, Pictures, All!