Market Conditions in Eagan>Question Details

Eagan, Home Owner in Eagan, MN

average time on the market of properties in eagan

Asked by Eagan, Eagan, MN Wed May 9, 2012

Answers

4
As a REALTOR® that works in Eagan, I can tell you that the homes are moving much faster than the average time on market. I would not give much importance to this number. If the house is priced right, staged and marketed well it can move really fast. I held an open house last Saturday and the seller had accepted an offer an hour before the open house started. The house has been on a market for a week. If the price is right it will move quickly.

If you are considering selling or buying a home in Eagan or would just like to have more detailed information about real estate in your neighborhood, give me a call, email me or visit my website.

Mirna Ban Fitzloff
952.856.0482
mirnab@kw.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 12, 2012
Great question but remember average time on market concerns average homes with average realtors.
Today's market survey shows homes in Eagan under $210,000 sell on average in 143 days. $210,000 to $310,000 112 days on market (DOM). $310,000 and up 125 DOM.

With our marketing program our listings in Eagan typically sell within 60 DOM.
Hi I do not work in your area, but would like to give you a little bit of advice.
The general average time on market of properties is a nice number to know, BUT in the end it will mean very little for your particular home, and I am assuming that your are selling or intend to sell and try to figure out how long that will take.
Well the fastest way to sell a home these days is....
if it is price right, i.e. very very competitively to similar homes in your market, and including and considering available short sales and foreclosures if they exist in your area.

Then your home has to be in a good location, right size of lot and home with adequate updates and upgrades.

Contact an experienced area Realtor to give you all the information on what is going on in your
market and give you their best assessment how to prepare your home, how to price it right and
where potentially to be able to sell it...

Good Luck to you!
Edith YourRealtor4Life! Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients! Buyers and Sellers and relocating buyers alike....
Your Chicago / Northern Illinois and North Shore Connection providing all clients with the very BEST
services, detail oriented, pleasant to work with, and honest when pricing a home for sale, or showing you a home to buy, once you make an offer Edith will provide you with the best Comps to make a
reasonable and competitive offer
EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com htttp://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere

According to the Minneapolis Association of Realtors the average time on market in Eagan is 148 days. You can find their latest report on Eagan here - http://www.mplsrealtor.com/downloads/lmu/Eagan.pdf

Now one thing I can tell you is that reports like this are somewhat flawed because they include short sales which look like they are active for a long time while bank negotiations are taking place. The Average Days on Market can also vary widely based on price range and style of home (townhouse, condo vs single family).

I'd be happy to run a more specific report for you showing homes in your exact price range to give you a more detailed look at similar homes and what to expect. The market is actually pretty strong right now since there are 28% fewer listings on the market this year compared to last. Homes that are priced right and show nicely are selling quickly - quite often in less than 30 days.

Bill Wallace
RE/MAX Results - Apple Valley
651-338-0355