AMac5353, Home Buyer in Long Beach, CA

average sqft price for condominiums in Long Beach Ca

Asked by AMac5353, Long Beach, CA Tue Mar 4, 2014

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/homes/California/Long_Beach/sold/46889…

Answers

7
Keep in mind that square footage costs do vary, and don't account for location and other considerations; therefore, it's really in your best interest to also review closed recently sold similar properties in the immediate area, and their final sales price...
Prices range so much depending on the location in Long Beach. Let's talk about your home search 562-221-6237
Depends on the location within LB. Call me so we can discuss your requirements and I can help you pin point the right area and ensure your get a great deal on price per sq ft.

Robert Santiago
Keller Williams
RobertSantiago@kw.com
408.839.1984
BRE#01522991
My fellow colleagues here have answered your question very well and I would echo their input.

Price per square foot is something that has been promoted through various real estate related reality shows, but can't translate to the true value of a property, whether it's a condominium or a house. It's been a disservice to the industry and more, to the buyer to try to boil down a home's value to price per square foot. Location, features, views, amenities, and the way you feel about the space; there are too many variables that go into determining the true value of a home. A professional, local Realtor will help you determine the value of a home, based on prior sales, the current market and other relevant information. This is true whether you are the buyer or the seller.

I would be happy to assist you with this question or any others regarding your real estate needs.

Katie Larson, Realtor
Keller Williams Pacific Estates
562.673.5335
katielarson@kw.com
The price per square foot varies significantly based on location, condition, and size of the unit. I'm curious about why you're interested in the average price per square foot for condos in Long Beach overall. Is it a particular area or building that you're seeking information on? Even within buildings, the price per square foot can vary widely depending on whether it's a first-floor unit with no view or a top floor unit with vaulted ceilings and a view, whether it comes with one or two parking spaces, and what the condition is.

If you'd like more specific information on pricing condominiums -- whether to buy or sell or just because you're curious -- I'd be happy to help. My team and I have been helping home buyers and sellers in the Long Beach area since 1998.
Web Reference: http://www.ShowMeHome.com
Its difficult when buyers inquire about price per sq. ft. and use that as a tool to determine value. It doesn't make sense. There are too many different types of properties in different developments, in different locations, each having different amenities, in different condition, etc. Using price per sq. ft for commercial properties makes more sense. Change your way of thinking and you will change your current position in real estate.
Hire a local real estate Broker to help you determine the value of a property. Don't try to do it yourself. Rely on his or her expertise to guide you.

Best of luck.
A blanket answer "average square foot price for condominiums in Long Beach" would be misleading. In the last 90 days, there have been 29 condo sales completed in the Eastside / Circle area of Long Beach. The average price per square foot for these sales was $263, but the actual price per sf varied from $151 to over $350. There were two 560 s.f. condos that sold in January 2014. One sold for $152 per sf and the other for $229 per sf.

Condo prices vary tremendously. At the building level the major factors are location, amenities, HOA dues, parking. Within each building the individual condition of each unit also affects the pricing, although a highly upgraded unit is a run down building will not command the same price per sf as a highly upgraded unit in a well maintained building.

For more accurate pricing of an individual unit your best bet is to speak with a Realtor with local area knowledge. They need to see the unit and the building. I would be happy to help you out. Let me know if I can provide further help.

Shel-lee Davis BRE #01817412
Real Estate Consultant
International Real Estate Specialist - IRES®
Senior Real Estate Specialist - SRES®
Certified Home Seller Advisor - CHSA®
Certified Home Buyer Advisor - CHBA®
Member - National Association of Certified Expert Advisors - NAEA®
Certified Distressed Property Expert - CDPE®
RE/MAX Estate Properties
424-2HELP12 (424-243-5712)
myrealestateanswers@gmail.com