Market Conditions in 15218>Question Details

Lapaulastarks, Both Buyer and Seller in Pittsburgh, PA

average days on market for "fair condition" in 15218

Asked by Lapaulastarks, Pittsburgh, PA Sat Apr 30, 2011

Answers

5
Luther Wormack’s answer

The homes in the area are sitting on for an extended amount of time. Homes that are priced right are going under contract 30 to 90 days. Though I'm sure you don't want to wait and find out 90 to 120 days later that your home is priced too high for the market. If you've been sitting on the market and not getting good traffic (1 to 4 buyers weekly for Edgewood and Swissvale) then it may be time for a new game plan.

Check with your agent and get a new analysis, and ask how the results of their marketing is going. I won't run down the entire list for you. But if you'd like more ideas, I have a list on my site for home sellers.

Hope this helps
Average days on the market does vary by exact location, pricing, condition, size, upgrades, etc.; if looking to sell, consider inviting a few local agents from different realty companies and ask for a cma, comparative market analysis, see what the data suggests, ask for their opinion and go from there....
Thank you for your question I guess. To give you a more exact answer I would need more statistics other than just the zip as the price range, number of bedrooms, etc... all play a HUGE factor in giving a correct answer.
Pricing is the key factor. Regardless of condition, pricing determines time on the market. This winter was slow after the tax credit expired, but, things are back to normal and this time of year should bring a 30-60 day sale and close. If you are priced to sell, homes in the East End sell within a week.
In the East End, most neighborhoods averaged 75-95 days on the market. But that is from the past 6 months, which was primarily winter. It's completely different in the Spring and Summer. Also, "fair condition" is so subjective. Some people see potential, some don't ... it all boils down to pricing it right from the start and marketing it well, to the right audience.

http://www.facebook.com/pittsburgharearealestate