Melissa Novak, Home Seller in 54901

are there any month to month rentals in the the Tallahassee/crawfordville area?

Asked by Melissa Novak, 54901 Wed Feb 13, 2008

i don't want to have a year lease

Answers

2
Melissa, I have found alot of owners are willing to do a short term or month to month if I call and just ask them. There are state taxes imposed, so the owners will take that into consideration, but it's a small price to pay for having their mortgage taken care of for a while. One of my favorite quotes: "Everyone is buying real estate, either for themselves or for their landlord" -Amy H.
Great question Melissa. Generally speaking, property owners do not like month-to-month rentals because they are too risky, but that does not mean that you cannot find one.

A few things to consider.

First, any lease that is for a term of less than 6 months is going to require you to pay sales tax on the lease, adding 7.5% more to your monthly expenses. It would be wiser for you to do a 1 year lease with a provision allowing you or the property owner to cancel the lease with 30 days notice. You get the benefit of a short-term lease and you don't have to pay extra taxes.

Second, much of our leasing market is seasonal, with the highest concentration of new leases being signed from March through August. If you can sign a lease that expires during themonths of June through August, a property owner might want to take you on.

If you go to the web site below and click through to the property management section, you can get more assistance.

Joe
Web Reference: http://www.manausa.com