Market Conditions in Vienna>Question Details

ysisler, Real Estate Pro in Key West, FL

4 wooded acres, public water/sewer and view of horse farm worth less than 1.5 acre lot wout view on old courthouse?

Asked by ysisler, Key West, FL Mon Jan 28, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/homes/Virginia/Vienna/sold/393410-1040…

Answers

2
Melinda L Schnur’s answer
It really depends upon the community it lives within. Some specific communities and subdivisions within Vienna are considered more valuable due to a school zoning, commute and sometimes even the appearance of the community. I can't say for certain without investigating. However, I am sure there are a lot of purchasers in which someone would be VERY interested in such a large, wonderful sounding lot! I have buyers looking for lots all of the time and they certainly don't want them to be on a main road.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. You're right, Trulia might be using the wrong school district or Zillow might be focused on the private street address without realizing that it borders Hunter Mill Rd. I think there has only been one sale on the street since 2001, and that was before the crisis, so that has to complicate their methodologies as well.
Flag Mon Jan 28, 2013
and to clarify, yes, i'm one of the owners. and yes, i also think the zillow assessment of $1.1 million is low for this estate-sized lot with such a unique view.