B B, Home Buyer in Randolph, MA

20 Martindale, Randolph, MA

Asked by B B, Randolph, MA Tue Sep 23, 2008

I would like to know how much 20 Martindale is worth based on market price. Comparable houses around the area are selling for $201.9 at 3 Martindale and $209.9 at 3 Soren St (both in Randolph). Why is this house so much more and is it accurately priced? Does anyone know what the North Randolph community is like?

Answers

2
Single family value lies in the land first and the house/square footage second. The average sale price to original price discount for Randolph is 8% and the listing price to the sale price is a 4% discount. Based on those numbers it looks like an offer price/purchase price in the range of the comparables you pulled would be right on the average. The property could easily be over priced - happens often for various reasons. According to the map the property backs up to or is located right next to the highway. Might be worth a drive-by to see if the noise is a huge factor for you .. it will also affect its value.
http://www.territoryre.com/idx/listings/70803562/details.htm…
The property was purchased in 1997 for $117,000 so there should be room to negotiate unless they re-financed at some point.

I hope that helps! Good luck!

1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 24, 2008
Hi B B, a 5% variance in asking price is not a tremendous difference especially when a property is priced at such a relatively low price. I would need to know more in order to more appropriately give a solid assessment. Feel free to contact me and I will perform a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) on the property for you. Thanks in advance, Jon
Web Reference: http://www.bowenboston.com