Trulia Hunti…, Other/Just Looking in Huntington Beach, CA

Would you currently describe Huntington Beach as a Seller's Market, Buyer's Market or a Balanced Market?

Asked by Trulia Huntington Beach, Huntington Beach, CA Tue Apr 2, 2013

Answers

9
The market throughout Orange County is slowly, but surely, swinging back toward being balanced.

Inventories are slowly, but steadily growing, and houses are starting to stay on the market a little longer.

Things may be still a bit crazy - for buyers - but the tide is starting to turn. Hang in there for another month or two and you'll have a much better chance at prices becoming negotiable.
Huntington Beach is a seller's market. There is low inventory and homes are selling quickly. Example: A family friend put their home on the market in Huntington Beach for 1 day and had multiple offers in the $600,000 price range. The offers are often above asking price as well.
Without a doubt, we are experiencing one of the strongest seller's markets in years here in Orange County for medium priced and lower priced homes. Most of our clients’ fall within this demographic and we have been receiving numerous offers within a few hours of publishing our listings. Many first-time home-buyers are having a rough-time getting their offers accepted, because of cash real estate investors. The best cash offer is often victorious, since most home loans come with contingencies.
With a doubt we are in a sellers’ market. Most properties have multiple offers and sellers are asking for appraisal contingency waiver upfront. Low inventory and low rates!!!

Steve Colvin
Premier Cal Realty
steve@premiercalrealty.com
Short inventory and lots of demand, especially in the more modest price ranges, means it's a seller's market. HB is not alone in this. Most areas that I'm working in Southern California have been experiencing this for at least several months.

If you're thinking of selling or buying, and want the best deal, please contact me personally. I can guide to the best results on either side of the equation. I continuously set records for high sales for my sellers, and low prices for my buyers. There's more to the puzzle than most know. My staff and I will be happy to assist you.

James Melton, Realtor & Mortgage Broker, CA DRE Broker #01222353, NMLS #300133
President, Victory Mortgage & Real Estate Home Loans & Sales Since 1979, NMLS #366399
2901 W. PCH, Suite 200, Newport Beach, CA 92663
cell(714)318-4664, phone(949)939-9676 or (714)374-0022, fax(714)844-9094
web http://jamesmelton.listingbook.com
email jamesm@socal.rr.com
When homes are selling quickly and, quite often, at prices above asking with multiple offers, it is DEFINITELY and sellers' market.

Still a good time to buy with values increasing bit by bit and, still, historically low interest rates.
Web Reference: http://www.TimKunze.com
First time in the my 15 years in the business, I would say BOTH. Good time to buy because homes are still lower than in the peak and interest rates are under 4%. Even if prices are approx. the same as 10 yrs ago, interest rates were at 6-7% , so relatively speaking it is still a great time to buy real estate, especially anywhere near the coast. Also, rents have gone up as well, this is the first time in a long long time that rent is "almost" practically the same as mortg. payment (it may be a little higher, however with the tax deductions, and write offs, and homeownship with the potential of equity growth, it is a wash)

With that being said........ inventory is low, so the prices are going up. If someone is thinking to sell, now would be the time, while inventory is low. They should not wait until Summer time or when everyone else puts there home on the market.

I hope this helps, please call me. I would be happy to discuss in more detail.

Lesley Harris, Realtor
(562) 673-0943
CAL TEX PROPERTIES
Dre#01124037
I would describe Huntington Beach as a Sellers market because the median sales price in February of 2012 was $279,000 compare to the medium sale price of February 2013 which was $415,000. an increase of around 48.7%. Days on the market have also decreased compare to the previous year from 146 to about 81. That said the desirability of this coastal gem has been increase by the uptick in buyer demand and boomerang buyers. If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me, my answers are free.

Andres Morales
California Real Estate Broker
US NAVY VETERAN
GRI, E-PRO, S.F.R. , C.H.S. , H.P.S. , C.M.H.S. , S.C.M.S.D.C. , V.O.S.B.

Lic#1343492
NMLS#300240

"Andres Can Help"

17291 Irvine Blvd
Suite 202
Tustin, CA 92780
949-306-9260 Direct
714-505-0100 Office
949-259-4550 Fax