Jnmurphy, Real Estate Pro in Bothell, WA

Would you be willing to rent an apartment unit in the University District...?

Asked by Jnmurphy, Bothell, WA Wed Mar 5, 2008

Would you be willing to rent an apartment unit in the University District that had limited parking (1 space for every 4 units)? Would having a flex car and easy access to transit make up for the limited parking if the rent was slightly lower than other new apartments in the area? Would secure bike storage be a factor in your decision?

Answers

5
Sorry I wasn't very clear in my first posting. I'm trying to get some feedback for a developer who is considering building a new apartment building in the U-District, but he has some concerns about the limited parking and wants to know if this is an issue, and if so, how he can mitigate it. Thank you.
JNMurphy,

Parking in particular areas of town are notorious. QueenAnne, Freemont, Belltown and U District among them. Many potential renters in these areas ocnsider the upside to the location worth it and resort to alternative means of transportation. In the case of the U district, you are appealing primarily to students or maybe a traveling professor. Definitely rent it, but I would try marketing on campus and in the campus newspaper in addition to Criag's List. If the price is right, they will come.
I'm not clear on the question either. Are you thinking of renting for yourself or are you taking a marketing survey?
Web Reference: http://www.HomeHounds.com
I think it would be fine, especially if the rent were lower and there were other transporation options available. The big question is how much of a reduction?
I'm confused at the question. Would I be willing to rent an apartment in the U-district .... as opposed to what? Not renting it and letting it sit vacant? ...selling it? ..living in it myself?