Market Conditions in 33950>Question Details

Scranton, Home Buyer in Florida

With the recent collapse of the housing market in the US ...what is the current housing market in Scranton.?

Asked by Scranton, Florida Fri Oct 19, 2007

What is selling? Who is buying (demographics?) and what is the median house price for property sales in Scranton?

Answers

3
I am a native Pennsylvanian, so I can give you a "little" information. Due to the proximity to New York City, Scranton probably has not suffered quite like some areas have. Scranton tends to be a little more stable that places such as resort areas in Florida or California or Las Vegas. I have a home in State College, PA, and those properties have remained pretty stable over the past 10 years. Money at the present time is more difficult to get, and that will have some effect on the housing market in terms of purchasing power, but most places in Pennsylvania did not experience a "boom" that needed correction. I can refer you to a good agent in the Scranton area if that would be of benefit to you. Give me a call or shoot me an email and I will be happy to assist you.
Web Reference: http://www.MykeTriebold.com
Scranton,
You might want to consider redirecting your question to the correct geographical location.
You may not have received any responses if you were asking about Scranton, PA because your question was listed in Florida. Because you are looking for specific demographics, a PA agent might only search question or have an email alert letting them know when a question is asked about PA. I'd try asking the question again and listing it under home buying location Scranton, PA. The web reference I've listed has census and other data that may help you.
Ruth
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 21, 2007
Ruthless, Other/Just Looking in 60558