joellemedina1, Home Seller in 80126

Why is 10052 stratford ln in highlands ranch not selling?

Asked by joellemedina1, 80126 Tue Oct 8, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/44604372-10052-Stratford-Ln-H…

Answers

6
I would try a few changes that I believe will pay you back.
1. Paint the kitchen the neutral beige color you have on the rest of the main floor.
2. Put brush nickle knobs on the cabinets and Stainless steel appliances in the kitchen.
3. Replace all of the brass in the home with either chrome or oil rubbed bronze including light fixtures, shower enclosure in the master and the door & other bathroom hardware. Brass screams 1990's right now.
4. Move price to 475k. There are a lot of searches online that go from 425-475k. Capture more showings this way.

I believe this will make it move. Our Fall market is strong in Denver. I live close to this home and know this market very well. If I can help more give me a call or shoot me a text 303-990-2229
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 10, 2013
Contacting the listing Realtor and let go over this with them.
Price it correctly for location and current condition and it will sell. Good Luck!
Thank you - that's really helpful :)
Yes, I agree the appliances no longer match the kitchen - we replaced the white cabinets. As a former rental, we don't want to invest any more. What price do you think is right?
What does your Realtor say? I'm not an expert in Highlands Ranch, but I can pull some sold comps from the MLS. What has the feedback been like?
Flag Wed Oct 9, 2013
I think it was overpriced to start, and now you're just "chasing" the market. You want to price it correctly from the beginning. The home was built in the early 1990s and says "tasteful updates", but honestly, I don't see that -- except maybe kitchen cabinets and granite counters? WHITE appliances are HORRIBLE in that kitchen. Those need to be updated to black at minimum or maybe even stainless. Bathrooms are outdated. Agent didn't hire a professional photographer, AND didn't even upload all the photos she could have -- we're allowed 25!!!. Pictures are everything.

Have you had many showings? If so, what has been the feedback? Does your agent followup with other agents to even get feedback on how the house showed, how well it's priced, etc?

In this market with such low inventory, there's no reason your home shouldn't sell. (if it's priced correctly, is marketed correctly, and shows well).