Arvie49, Home Buyer in Palm Bay, FL

Why is Palm Bay have so many nice houses that are forclosures? It seems like a good place to get a nice house for cheap.

Asked by Arvie49, Palm Bay, FL Sun Feb 26, 2012

Answers

7
what is the black population in Palm Bay?
I will say that my wife and I purchased a home in palm bay about 5 months ago and we love it!! we are originally from Miami and Tampa, so moving to a more docile calm city was a new and refreshing. There is a bit of a drive to the amenities (i.e. Walmart, Gyms, Publix, Winn-dixie, etc.), but if you can get past that it is well worth it. I purchased my house 5 months ago (4 bd 3 bth), and currently with the market rebounding the value of my home has steadily increased each month (if not week) and is now zestimated almost 30,000 more than we paid for it. So to answer your question, it really just depends on what you are really willing to compromise on. My wife and I are happy with our decision and wouldn't take it back if we could.
Hi Arvie,

As a Palm Bay resident myself and long time Realtor, I believe that comes down to shear numbers. Palm Bay is the 2nd largest City in Florida in land mass. As you can imagine, that coupled with the fact that many people were buying and building in Palm Bay during the real estate boom and subsequent crash, Palm Bay was hit hard, thereby many Homeowners were unable to hold onto their homes for one reason or another.

Palm Bay has many nice areas and is certainly the most affordable area in Southern Brevard when you look at price per square foot. As with any area, having an experienced Realtor in your corner can ensure that you are an informed Buyer. Your agent can provide you with market research and any negative factors that might affect value on a particular home, as well as, tips and strategies for maximizing your long term return/gains in equity.

I would be happy to do some research on your behalf and help you find your next property! Contact me at staceykhammer@gmail and feel free to visit my website at http://www.staceysells.com for more info. Best Wishes!
Palm Bay is a lovely area to purchase a home. If you choose to move here and I can be of assistance feel free to contact me at anytime. You can also go to my website and view Palm Bay homes http://www.brevardcountyhomes4sale.com.

Joan Willis
Broker
\Brevard's Best Realty, inc.
321-960-3577
No entertainment for kids...very, very boring. Oh also i should mention kids are stuck inside because of the massive mosquito infestation in this area. Good luck taking your dog out for the evening walk. It is deeply disturbing to see my eight year old legs filled with bumps for consecutive mosquito bites. I wouldn't buy a house here at any price and count the days to finally move out. hallelujah
Hi, I live in the area. The reason is simply because of a bad reputation. I moved here from Melbourne, which is the next city North and growing up all of us Melbourne folks heard how terrible the Bay is. . Burglaries, gangs, drugs... Well, I mved out here because my husband lived here and liked it. It's not been 5 years and we've not encountered anything negative. Our kids go to the best school in the area at Meadowlane and are poised to attend Central and Melbourne High , barring rezoning. Some people feel it is a bit out of the way from stores and nightlife, which is the second reason I believe it is so cheap out here. True, because the residential areas are massive neighborhoods. All the houses together, all the businesses together. It takes maybe 15 minutes to Walmart from where I live, but I shop at Publix which is only 10 min away. Lastly, I think homes are cheap here because as we say, No one Works in Palm Bay - but we all live in palm bay. Everyone out here works in melbourne or further north.... I hope my answer was more detailed than the realtor before me trying toget some business :)
Palm Bay was one of the worst hit areas in Florida when the market turned in 2005.
But it is recovering; so if I may be of any help in finding a property for you please let me know.
Phil Rotondo, Realtor
ERA Showcase Properties and Investments
Palm Bay, Fl
mailto:phil@321property.com
Web Reference: http://www.321property.com