KHall, Home Buyer in Baltimore, MD

Why have the sales prices for homes in West Forest Park declined so rapidly lately (last quarter and last year)?

Asked by KHall, Baltimore, MD Fri Jan 24, 2014

Answers

3
Hi KHall -- could there be a number of distressed properties that sold in the past few months? That can affect sold prices, and not give a true/clear reflection of what is actually happening in a neighborhood.

Contact a local real estate agent directly, so you can learn more about the specific property you have in mind.

Thank you!

Marney Kirk

Keller Williams Excellence Realty
Hi K,

Many factors can skew values including a high number of short sales or foreclosures along with excess inventory. If you are seeing a quarterly drop I wouldn't be too concerned about that. Our markets do have normal fluctuation. Contact a good local Realtor to give you a free market analysis and show you in writing what has been selling to see if over-inventory or foreclosures are a factor.
Sat 1/25/2014

Hi KHall,

GREAT QUESTION! NAR stats show that prices increased over 9% from 2012-2013 in the Baltimore metro area. Which location in West Forest Park are you referring to? Are you in the market to buy, sell or invest? There are some good options in that vicinity for each of the above. I have a new listing coming soon at 4005 Springdale Ave. Baltimore, MD 21207. It'll be listed for $205,000. 4314 Springdale Ave is listed for $259,900. Both are newly renovated homes. My clients did a "GUT RENO" on my listing; ALL SYSTEMS ARE NEW! It's gorgeous. Feel free to call me to discuss your needs in today's housing market whatever they may be. I serve clients throughout the Baltimore metro; including Baltimore county and city.

Marlene Rogers, Broker/Owner JEMS Realty LLC
410-499-7279