aeyoung, Renter in 78756

Why has this place been on the market for 120 days? It sounds really nice. What is wrong with it?

Asked by aeyoung, 78756 Sun Dec 1, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/1050434471-2704-French-Pl-K-A…

Answers

10
Even though the Austin market is hot, the pricing still follows some convention.

If the price does not match the condition and the seller is not prepared to do something to justify the price, the property sits.

Pricing to the market is always critical. It requires a careful measure of market perception. You simply can't justify overpricing because the market is strong.
The Property has now been leased, as of 31 October. Are you interested in condos in the area?
It may not be priced right or there could be other reasons. Even when a property falls out of contract the time the property was under contract is not included in the days on market numbers. That number accurately reflects the time the property was on the market.

I would recommend finding an agent to work with who can help you on this or the next purchase you are looking to make.

Hope this helps.

_____________________________________________________
Don Groff | REALTOR® & Mortgage Broker
Austin Real Estate Pros & 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 | m 512.633.4157 | listings@dongroff.com
websites: http://www.AustinListed.com | http://www.360LendingGroup.com
Web Reference: http://www.AustinListed.com
Hello Aeyoung,

Often times a property goes under contract and falls through, perhaps do to no fault of the seller. For instance, maybe a potential buyer wasn't able to get financing. It's also possible that there were offers that fell through because they weren't happy with the results of an inspection, etc. I'd be more than happy to find the specifics for you.

This area is very popular, in part due to it's proximity to UT. It can be very competitive, and it's very important to implement the proper strategy. If you would like, we can talk about that. I can get more details on this property for you, and/or find another that you like just as much, if not more. I'd love to hear from you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 1, 2013
This is a newly constructed duplex condo. It was placed on the market when the slab was poured. It was completed 14 days ago. Active days on the market is not a true measure in this case.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 1, 2013
This unit was withdrawn back in September. If you would like a personalized real time website showing accurate information, please feel free to contact me anytime without obligation.

Steve Nusinow
(512)922-7588
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 1, 2013
aeyoung, that particular unit is not still on the market and was actually taken off the market back in September. Unfortunately most consumer websites, including Trulia, are not really up to date. The only 100% up-to-date website/source is the MLS.

This particular condominium was for sale, but I see you logged in as a renter. If you are looking to purchase, I would be happy to talk with you and set you up with a real time website giving you direct access to the MLS at no cost to you. It will update you daily with new listings, price changes, etc. so you won't be relying on unreliable information on the Internet. I assist buyers at no cost to you, have a great team of lenders, inspectors, etc., and also have access to many properties that are not yet listed in the MLS. If you're looking strictly to rent, I can refer you to a good rental agent as well. Feel free to call me if I may be of assistance. I am typically available from 10 AM to 7 PM seven days a week. Thanks, Joe

Joe Jarusinsky, Realtor/Master Instructor, Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate Company, Call 512-261-4415
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 1, 2013
2704 French Pl Unit K was withdrawn off the market after 49 days. It is no longer on the market.

If you are looking for something similar, I can help!

Give me a call!

Scott
RE/MAX1
512-217-0534
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 1, 2013
There are many reasons. Could be price, location or condition. Could be the seller started out asking too much to start with or perhaps they have since staged the home or completed needed repairs making it worth their current asking price. Or not! Detailed market research and finding an agent who as a business practice previews homes for you goes a long ways in answering those kind of questions.

If a more detailed response is needed, please contact me. I'm available all seven days of the week for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 1, 2013
Aeyoung,

There are many reasons that factor into why a property can stay on the market longer than others. I would love to answer any of your questions further in detail. Please feel free to contact me at any time.

Havilah Maya | Realtor
Keller Williams Realty Austin SWMC
C: (512) 506-0525
E: havilahmaya@kw.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 1, 2013