Market Conditions in 06880>Question Details

John Jayshell, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

Why has the home at 45 Maple La. Westport, CT 06880 been on the market for so long (195 days)?

Asked by John Jayshell, San Francisco, CA Wed Aug 8, 2007

Here is a link to the listing: http://www.trulia.com/property/1032150211-45-Maple-Ln-Westpo… for the property I'm talking about. It's a beautiful house on an amount of land that is uncommonly large (>2 acres) for that area.

Is it the overall market or something about this house in particular?

Answers

5
Hi Chris, I just looked it up on Fairfield County MLS and got some more details. The price is not too far off. It has a great deal going for it. The guest house and barn are nice features but they may turn off other buyers. The 2+ acres is also a good sized lot. It’s close to the beach, trains etc. and is a short commute to NYC.

Don’t let the price stop you. Often Sellers will take less for a property than what they list.

I work with someone in Westport and I can get you a showing if you like.
Chris,

A home typically gets rejected by the market for a number of reasons such as price, they way it's presented to the public, the professional doing the job, and/or sometimes the place where it is located. However, even though we are in a Buyers market homes are still selling,and unemployment rate is still low. If you are interested in getting the specifics about the home the next step is the do a detailed CMA report so you can really compare apples to apples. Only then can you reveal more about why this home has been sitting for so long.

kind regards

Alisha Gunraj
Keller Williams Associate Partner, Serving Fairfield county
BA Degree,Realtor®,NAR
Phone:203-554-4481
Website:AlishaSellsHomes.net
Email:AlishaSellsHomes@kw.com
Satisfying Needs & Exceeding Expectations!!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 9, 2007
My guess it is overpriced! If is was priced correctly based on size of the home, bedrooms, baths, amenities and lot size it should sell within a 60 day window. A properly price and marketed home usually sells within 45 - 60 days.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 8, 2007
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in Danville, VA
The property sits within about 500 feet of a major highway and the train service to nyc.
Chris:

I am a Westport Realtor and can send you more information on that home.
Please call me to schedule your showing..
Any questions? 203-682-4327
Betty Stroll,ABR,GRI,CIPS,SFR
William Raveis Real Estate