Bartley Wils…, Real Estate Pro in Forest Springs, Arvada...

Why does Trulia stop on recent solds for January 2012?

Asked by Bartley Wilson, Forest Springs, Arvada, CO Thu Jun 7, 2012

I was looking for recent SOLDS and the SFAR Website is still as awful as ever. You can see the dust from the age. Trulia has only a handful of SOLDS from Santa Fe and they stop in January 2012. Today is um... June 7th 2012. Where are the list of recent SOLDS that's not 6 months ancient?

Answers

5
Anthony Atwell’s answer
I can send you the MLS solds, which also includes solds that were not listed.

Trulia's accuracy on average home values is high for Santa Fe. So I do not think they have all the info at hand. But I will say Trulia has been a valuable resource to my clients, a tool that helps them see an overview of the Santa Fe marketplace.
Bart, as long as we're in a non disclosure state, the lack of sales data will continue. If you're looking for something specific give my office a ring 505.982.9836 and we'll get you taken care.
Hi Bart, remember New Mexico is a non-disclosure state and these real estate portals do not necessarily have current sold information. Have you stopped doing real estate now that your relocated from Santa Fe to Colorado? Your blogs on real estate and technology are an excellent resource on Activerain. Hope all is well.
Hi - I'm back again. I had to rush through my earlier reply (client called to authorize an offer) and didn't complete my thoughts.

On the right hand side of the SFAR home page you'll see a column titled Local Market Update. There you can click on an area and get some year-to-date statistics, which is full of interesting data and probably has the information you are looking for.

As a Board member of SFAR, and a member of their Technology Committee I can tell you that we are consistently thinking of ways to improve the customer experience. I, for one, welcome comments such as yours because they help us see the public's perspective on our services. If my response doesn't satisfy your needs, please let me know - either on this site or privately - and I will do what I can to assist.

Thanks again.
Hi Bart. From the SFAR home page go to the MLS Statistics tab on the left hand side of the home page. Click on "2012 - First Quarter" and you'll find all the stats through the end of March. The stats are compiled quarterly, so that's the best you can do on that site without contacting a Realtor who will be glad to give you the last full month's details.
And the fact that Trulia's info may not be complete should not be blamed on the SFAR. I'm not sure if your complaint is with the SFAR site, or Trulia or both?