Market Conditions in 23235>Question Details

Florence Har…, Real Estate Pro in Bon Air, VA

Why do you need a buyer agent when purchasing a new home?

Asked by Florence Harrison, Bon Air, VA Mon Apr 16, 2012

Answers

6
Thanks for the questions....the agent that is sitting at the model homes works for the seller (builder), their obligation is to their client. All buyers should have a buyer's agent represent them when purchasing a new home otherwise they don't won't have anyone represent them. It does not cost you anything to have a buyer's agent represent you. The buyer's agent represents the buyer and since the seller pays for their services, why not use one.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 16, 2012
Can I buy a home if I have 640 of credit record and we have permission and autoritation for to work in USA.?
Hello! I am assuming that based on your question you will be moving to the US? I specialize in helping clients who have recently moved to the US and have the proper Visa status. You should definitely be able to qualify for the purchase of a new home based on your credit score but I would need a bit more information to give you the specifics. If you have a moment to talk I have included all of my contact information below. I will only need 5 minutes of your time to get the necessary information in order to put together a pre-qualification letter and hopefully answer any questions you may have about the financing of your new home.

Kristin O'Neil
Production Manager
Tidewater Home Mortgage Group Inc.
NMLS # 266528 http://(www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org)
4405 Cox Rd Suite 200│ Glen Allen, VA 23060
Direct Line: 804-887-1711
Toll Free: 888-400-0222 ext. 241
Fax: 866-341-7140
http://www.thmg.net
Flag Mon Mar 24, 2014
Here is another article (below link) directly related to your question. it's important to remember the builder pays your agent to represent your best interests. Why someone would sign a builder's contract without free representation is confusing to us. Find an agent familiar with builders and new subdivisions in your area and let them offer you opinions on pricing, contract review, financing choices, upgrades, inspections ( before drywall install and walk-through) and closing review.
We have written a few articles related to needing the advise of an agent when purchasing a new home on a builder's contract. We worked as agents for a builder in Fredericksburg and surrounding counties. The article in the link listed below will answer your questions.
One should always have their own representation. If you had a car accident, would you use the attorney of the other driver? The site agent represents the builder. They are responsible to help you make decisions, but their focus is on the builder. A buyer's Agent will assit you with decisions that would benefit the way you will live in the home, pick options that will benefit resale, and advice on picking a lot suitable for you, your family and resale.
Because most builders only care about there own interest.
Some have there own contracts to protect only the seller.

I would use a buyers agent!!!