Market Conditions in Gadsden>Question Details

Michael7, Other/Just Looking in Boaz, AL

Why are your Home Prices Out of touch with this Market? Realtors are posting 5 Year Old Prices, very HIGH AND OUT OF TOUCH WITH THE TIMES!!!

Asked by Michael7, Boaz, AL Sat Jun 25, 2011

NORTHEAST ALABAMA REALTORS ARE STILL HOPING THAT THE MARKET WILL GO BACK TO THE YEAR 1999 This is CRAZY! REALTORS SMELL THE COFFEE, FACE REALITY!!!

Answers

7
I honestly think what we have here are a bunch of home owners and realtors in denial about the reality. Its never easy to swallow the collapse of something when you've invested years of your life in it. While I admire your hope and dedication I can't help but wonder if you're prepared for the worse.

Incidentally Gerard, much of the trends you're thinking of the data has been manipulated by local and federal officials in an effort to maintain a constant flow & realization. I thought it would have been apparently obvious by now given the level of corruption we've witnessed in politics since 2000. There is a lot of lying going on across the board and it looks ridiculous to outsiders. I don't know exactly how much longer this will carry on but I do believe the longer it does the more impact it will have on hope & futures. The pressure is becoming much too high on the hull of this ship for band aids and tape. Investors are not interested in science fiction!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 11, 2012
Prices are set by the buying trend, so exactly who is out of touch?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 26, 2011
Michael, It takes two to tango and even though you may find this difficult to believe, sometimes the owners decide what they wish to list it for, not us. What are you so upset about anyway? If it's over priced it won't sell. If you are looking to sell, list way below the over priced ones and watch the traffic come to see your house.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 26, 2011
Realtors are not the only people who may appear out of touch.
Regardless of the list price, there's nothing stopping you from writing an offer on home based on recent sales or what you think the property's worth.
The coffee smells just fine......pour yourself a cup and relax.......
Web Reference: http://www.321property.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 26, 2011
When we write answer to a good question, (and this is a good question) we hope that other interested people will read the answers and learn something too.

For four years now, we have been "chasing the curve"; meaning that we would list a house for what the SELLER hoped he would get, and the curve was going down. Then, two months later, we would lower the List, but not enough. Still chasing the curve. This is why a LOT of homes stayed on the Market for a year or more.

It has been a very frustrating time for Realtors, because people would not listen to us. Everything was spiraling downward, no listening, less credibility, even less listening.

As Realtors, we try to advise people how much to List for and how much to Offer. We are the messengers who get blamed both ways: The SELLER determines the Listing Price, which could mean the Bank.
The Seller thinks that if he sets a price $25,000 lower; that he is giving away his money! We cannot make him see that if he doesn't have an offer, he isn't giving anything away. And the hardest thing to convince a Seller is that if we start with a low List, we should get multiple offers and a shorter time too.
Excuse me, are you listening?

good luck and may God bless
I'm not blaming THE REALTORS NOR THE SELLERS NOR THE BANKS, I know what Tim Gerard and Phil you guys are saying but there is a SPECIFIC AGENDA that might be a combination of all three REALTORS SELLERS AND BANKS! WHO KNOWS? But it's a big MESS!!! There is more to this but it would take to long but I tried the lower offer Tim and it never got to first base! And on top of that the Agent was Coaching me and they will not even talk to you in Boaz unless you are PRE Qualified by a Mortgage Broker or a Bank...I'm Not really Mad Phill and Yes The Coffee is nice and strong,,I'm just frustrated at all the unfortunate BS in purchasing a house in Alabama, as if they were built with Gold Bricks encrusted with Diamonds! "Sarcastic Joke" Sorry guys just kiddin a little bit of humor because it is a very GOV Controlled Beaurocratic and Mind Boggling Situation of something as easy as Pie, that would be otherwise a Piece of Cake to do! Regards, No hard feelings, Mike
Gererd NOBODY is Buying Except BANKS and they are OVERWHELMED with EMPTY HOUSES from FORECLOSURES It is this ARTIFICIAL MARKET that doesn't allow the REAL INDIVIDUAL FAMILIES TO PURCHASE A HOUSE. FURTHER THEY ALSO ARE UNABLE TO SELL A HOME THAT IS VANDALIZED AND NEEDS COMPLETE REBUILD! But that's another matter for discussion! Regards, Michael7