Market Conditions in Wichita>Question Details

Davidm, Home Buyer in Rhode Island

Why are there so many inexpensive houses in Wichita?

Asked by Davidm, Rhode Island Sat Dec 4, 2010

Answers

3
Deb Anderson’s answer
I see that you are in Arizona. Since I have only been here 8 years, I asked the same question when I arrived. During the 40's and 50's McConnell AFB had housing built for military and also Boeing had housing built for employees. There are a lot of 2-3 bedroom, 1 bath small homes, some with a 1 car garage.The neighborhoods vary...some are primarily owner occupied, some are almost all rental properties. People in Wichita are very conservative. They don't pay more than what they think the property is worth, for the most part. Tax appraisal is key here. Some of the lower priced properties are in disrepair or in a very rough neighborhood.
But, we also have beautiful homes in flourishing neighborhoods for$130,000 up to $1.5 million. It just depends on what you are looking for. If I can help, let me know.
It is the specific area market and in general the economy and the unemployment..... In a Buyers Market, when there are more homes on the market than there are ready and willing and approved buyers the asking prices of homes go down trying to compete for the available buyers!

Good Luck to you!
Edith YourRealtor4Life and Chicago Connection
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients
EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
We are very lucky in Wichita in that we have a very affordable housing market....you can get more house for your money in Wichita than in most markets in the country
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 4, 2010