Market Conditions in Naples>Question Details

Karmin, Home Buyer in Naples, FL

Why are there so many Hammock Isles homes on the market?

Asked by Karmin, Naples, FL Fri Jun 1, 2012

Answers

10
Key areas for most buyers looking at a map will search areas closest to the beach. Vineyards is east of 75 and so is Riverstone and other communities that many of our buyers want to see. Our website http://www.agent4naples.com can help you to look around and see what is for sale. There are some great offerings near or east of 75, and your agent can give you options based on your search criteria. Do you have an agent to help you search?
Web Reference: http://www.agent4naples.com
Can we help you with your search? http://www.naplesrealestateguys.com/
Looking at all the responses I can tell you Ben has it on the nail head. The builder built regardless of the market conditions and the properties have now sat there because he has been reluctant to lower his prices. If you look at many of the homes you see that they were built several years ago and have remained vacant all this time.

With the market seeming to make an upswing these properties seem to have some value. Several have sold in the last couple of weeks. The larger lot units are nicer.

If you want it you also get a membership to the Vineyards CC thrown in. Of course, you have to pay the yearly dues.

Vista Pointe is a beast of it's own - I believe that only 14 units have sold in the last building and that's over the last 5 years. They are nice with nice views and again you can get a golf membership. Fee' are just under $600 a month. Just a tough sell still.
You got some good local feedback.... As for your comment about the selling of a property....
Let me pass on some food for thought:

You are right, if you buy now at a lowered price, if and when you sell, things i.e. the market place for real estate and the economy and unemployment has to have changed to change pricing upward.

On the other hand, if you find within a subdivision a home that is a bit more distressed than another, you may get a very good deal, and then
are you buying to live there for a good number of years, i.e. can you wait out the
economy? or may you have to or want to sell within the next 3 years, that may then
be a bit more difficult....

So in many ways it is really important to work with a good local Realtor who will find you the right
property for you, i.e. the right size for years to come, the right size for future resale value, and show
you all that is available to make you a very educated buyer.

EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
YourRealtor4Life! Your Chicago, Northern Illinois, N and NW subs and the fine homes of the
Northshore Expert with @Properties Northshore, 30 Green Bay Road, Winnetka, Il. 60093
Edith always works in the very BEST interest of her clients, buyers, sellers and investors alike
and she truly goes the X-tra Mile with a SMILE for all her clients

Have a wonderful Day and all the BEST....
Thanks for the responses, guys! I'm getting the impression that , all other things being equal, a buyer can get a bigger bang for his bucks in the Vineyards/Hammock Isles/Vista Pointe areas currently, compared to other sections of Naples.

Of course, if/when the time comes to sell, without the benefit of a crystal ball, it would seem to me that unless the current imbalance works its way through, sale prices would continue to be relatively depressed. Does this make sense?

Thanks again.
Hi Karmin,

These are mostly developer close outs. I've shown a number of these and they are very nice. The Vineyards community is one of my favorites here in Naples. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Mark W. Simoff
Downing-Frye Realty
239-839-7219
THERE ARE ALOT OF UNITS IN THERE FROM CONDOS TO VILLAS TO SINGLE FAMILY. ALOT ARE FOR SALE AS PEOPLE CONTINUE TO MOVE OR DOWN SIZE OR DECIDED THEY DO NOT WANT TO PLAY GOLF AS MUCH AS THEY DID AND DON'T WANT THE EXPENSE FOR THE AMENNITIES THEY ARE NOT USING ANYMORE.
ANY OTHER QUESTIONS PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
ALL THE BEST,LEANN
DIRECT-239-777-1823
LEANNnAPLES@AOL.COM
The homes are referred to as single family but there are two different community type in Hammock Isles. The homes on Hammock Ilses Dr. are more on a detached villa concept with approx. 60' lots. The homes on Sago and Brmelia the lots are appox. 90'. The timing was an issue but also the developer built many on speculation and they have been firm on their prices. The Vineyards community is very nice and not an issue at all from a financial standpoint. In my opinion there are some good values to be found there.

Have you been to the community and toured the different homes?

Give me a call and I will be happy to discuss it further with you.

Ben Maltese
John R. Wood Realtors
3255 Tamiami Trail N.
Naples, FL 34103
Direct 659-6191
Cell 273-8700
Most of the listings are of the developer's units, which he is trying to close out. In addition to the homes in Hammock Isles there are nearly 50 other homes in The Vineyards currently listed for sale ranging in price from $299,000 to $1.7million. Theare dozens of condos currently available including developer units in Vista Pointe which the developer is very anxious to sell.

James Hogan
Prudential Florida Realty
239-659-3305
jhogan@jhogan.com
the community has struggled since it was built due to the time period 2004-2007. Most bought at an inflated market and are upside down in their home.