Market Conditions in 07112>Question Details

Singh, Home Buyer in Edison, NJ

Why are the price less in Newark 07112 than Edison or Metuchen?

Asked by Singh, Edison, NJ Tue Apr 8, 2008

I am new to Jersey, I was looking at the Newark areas and found that the prices are far less than other areas.
I am confused as I feel the prices should be high due to proximity to NY city?
Is it because it is not a safe are at all?
Could some one tell me the reasons

Answers

6
You can compare school district facts, crime stats, vacancy stats, at various websites and I included a few links below for sources.

In general, Newark has not undergone widespread revitalization, but has experienced some.

http://GreatSchools.net
http://SchoolMatters.com
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Red Bank, NJ
Newark is no worse that NYC. Remember Times Square a few years ago.
Singh,

I grew up in Newark, attended Chancellor Ave Elementary (and later private schools). Even in the 60's and 70's Newark was on the decline.
Thats not to say that the city does not have it's jewels. It does!, but I'm happily living in Virginia now, and am happy to say that I'm relieved to be FROM Newark, NJ (and the farther FROM it the better!) Down here, the quality of life and cost of living is SOOOOO much better than anything in the NYC metro area (or Philly, or DC or Chicago). I've lived in them all and despite the excellent job prospects, have absolutely NO intention of ever going back.

My advice... run away... far away, and as fast as you can!
Dear Singh,
Judging by your name and the areas mentioned- I am guessing you are Indian. You should check out Carteret,NJ- it has two Gurudwaras and a large Punjabi population. Also try East Brunswick (excellent schools and 25% Asian). Edison & Iselin you already know about. Sayreville has a good Asian population boom and a train station. Steer clear of Newark, Jersey City, Perth Amboy, Paterson and the like.
Glen Rock and Bridgewater have Gurudwaras but are expensive. East Windsor has one too and its a little more reasonable. Hope this helps.
Hi Singh.

Click the link below to compare the community information, including crime stats, on our website for Newark and/or any other towns that interest you and then you can base your decision on the factual information reviewed and not based on other's opinions.

http://www.relocationessentials.com/aff/prunewjersey/tools/c…

Let me know if you have any questions. Good Luck!

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
PNJP-Caldwell
973-228-1000 ext 132
GinaChirico@PruNewJersey.com
Singh, the school system plays a lot into the value of a home as well your comfort level being there. I travel and walk the streets in most of Essex County. In Newark & Irvington I don't always feel comfortable doing so.