Market Conditions in 78737>Question Details

Murchison In…, Real Estate Pro in Driftwood, TX

Which day do you get better response on Open Houses? Saturday or Sunday?

Asked by Murchison Investments, Driftwood, TX Fri Mar 28, 2014

Answers

21
Bruce Lynn’s answer
It's really hit and miss and can depend on so many different factors. I've done them every which way..Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, days with Cowboy games, days without Cowboy games, 20 signs, no signs, invite the neighbors, don't invite the neighbors, sunshiny days, rainy days, weekdays.

I have tons of people come on days everyone said no one would show up, and had no one even drive by on days everyone thought was perfect.

Can you do both?
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Sunday, I find many people work on Saturdays.

Chris
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 6, 2014
Sundays typically after church, assuming there is no football, but Saturday is a good day as well.

Joe Jarusinsky, REALTORĀ®, Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate Company, Call 512-261-4415
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 28, 2014
I like Sunday, as long as it's not during football season.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 28, 2014
I think more open houses are hosted on Sunday's. I think consumers are more relax, and have a bit more time for open houses.

Turnout will depend on location, type of house and weather condition.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 28, 2014
Both depends on the weather too!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 28, 2014
I have a better turnout on Sundays so that is my preference.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 28, 2014
Saturday later afternoons (2-4) or Sunday (12-3). With open houses posted online now you'll get any serious buyers through at either day. Maybe a little more random traffic on Sundays.
It depends on the area, however most open houses seem to be on Sundays.
Lets say the weather forecast was to be bright and sunny on both days.

Sundays are always better for Open Houses.

Best regards
Perry
Web Reference: http://www.ruthandperry.com
It depends on the time of year as i do find in fall Sunday afternoon attendance drops when football is on. Saturday afternoons have always worked well
In our part of the country there is usually a broker's Open House for an hour during the week and then a Public Open House in the afternoon (2-4) on Sunday.
It is based on the home and the market. If I had a typical home in Driftwood TX I would hold a Broker Open House during the week to attract other agents to the property. Based on the response and land size of the property, I would usually have a Saturday Open House because most buyers in the Driftwood and Dripping Springs market are going to work M-F and church on Sunday. Good Luck
Good evening,

I know you asked this awhile ago, but I just held 2 open houses this weekend and I thought I would give you my feedback. I had horrible luck both days - nobody came on Saturday and only one person showed on Sunday (it was the same house both days). Why am I telling you this? I have concluded that the particular area is Spicewood is one that someone would have to be seriously considering - it's not an area someone would just stop by.

My point of this story is that open houses don't always attract buyers. More potential buyers are out driving the suburban areas looking for open houses, but not necessary out in more rural areas where people are just trying to get from point A to point B. I noticed your company is located in Driftwood, so if the house is in Driftwood, that may not be an area that gets a high enough volume of potential buyers. Since 90% of homebuyers start their home search online, I would recommend that you have a strong online presence. This is especially true of the hundreds of people moving here from out of state. These people are searching online and may be more attracted to the Driftwood area if they are moving from more rural areas such as Montana (where I'm from).

This is just my 2 cents. I hope the story of my painfully unsuccessful open houses helps you. Have a great evening.

Marilyn Hartman, Realtor
512-903-4110
I think it depends on whether or not your goal is to actually sell the house during the open house, or for the person hosting it to attract buyer leads.

I know a lot of people that host open houses mainly as a means of attracting new buyers. Statistically speaking homes are rarely sold at open houses, although I personally know of a few people that have.

You may want to try an "off" day like a Wednesday or a Thursday after business hours to host it. There may be more serious buyers out there then, rather than on the weekends.
Are you trying to sell the house yourself? If so, why not do both days? If you don't have the house on the MLS (by hiring a Realtor); don't have a lockbox on the door which tracks showings and provides information on those entering your home as well as allowing showings on the buyers' schedules; and are unable to reach the area's most active agents via a personal contact list, you are best served by putting in heaps and heaps of your own time. This means purchasing open house signs (several) and holding your house open as much as possible. Weekdays, evenings, weekends... whenever you can. If the buyer can't get in to see your house, they will go find another. No time to wait in this market.

Good luck and call me when you are ready to sell your house.

Peace in your home,

Doug Vogelsass
REALTOR :: Agents for Change Real Estate

cell :: (512) 739-0457
email :: doug@myagentsforchange.com

10% of our net agent fees at the closing of our client's property will be donated to a charitable organization of their choice. We do this with ALL clients. This is our way of expressing our appreciation to both our clients and the worthy causes dedicated to the betterment of our communities.

9600 Escarpment Blvd :: Suite 745-75 :: Austin, TX :: 78749
Sponsoring broker :: David Komie, Attorney-at-Law (License# 584762).
Tern out usually are better on Sunday, But I like my open house on Saturday, the visitors are usually more serious and happier people, good mood brings better result in my opinion.
Depends on the market in which the home is competing.
For instance, a home located very close to a business park with Fortune 500 companies presents an incredible option that is better than SUNDAY.
-
Most citizens who are Open House oriented, those who watch too much HGTV, are anticipating Sunday.
-
The Saturday Open House visitor indicates their RAS is aligned with your intent. This is BIG!
What is the person saying when you hear, "I was not intending to stop at an Open House today, but I saw your sign."
-
This dimension of understanding human perception will allow you to be very strategic in your use of open houses.

Not all houses are open house candidates and serve one purpose only, to satisfy an expectation of the seller. In such cases the result is, "My agent had a party and no one came! I want to fire my agent!" Be smart. Be strategic.

It is ALWAYS best, when seeking advise, to seek those who have been engaged in a couple dozen transactions in the past year. If one is not immersed in the business they simply can not know what is taking place in todays real estate marketplace, the 'scams" in play and the traps lurking, waiting for your misstep.

Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420. 4041
Either day works! Sunday should be after church!

Susie Kay, RealtorĀ®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net
http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
I imagine it depends on market norms but Saturday open houses - and Thursday or Friday evenings as well - have become very popular in my market. I've had turn-out on all of those "non-traditional" days equal or exceed the Sunday open house. Sundays are still a good option for us since it's the only day of the week that resident parking rules don't apply - making it much easier for OH visitors to park.
Murchison,
Historically Sunday is better, but my biggest open house was on a Saturday. It was a new listing, hot neighborhood with a school that had just been ranked as one of the best. Close to 200 people through that day, 80 on Sunday.