Market Conditions in Lakeway>Question Details

Mr. Bubble, Home Buyer in Del Mar, CA

Where can I get sales data rather listing price data on the hills and lakeway?

Asked by Mr. Bubble, Del Mar, CA Fri Dec 25, 2009

Answers

11
Dear Del Mar,
Listing Data is not much help except it lets you know whats for sale currently. A C.M.A. can show you the average Sold Price Per Square Foot and the List Price Per Square Foot. The Comps need to be for homes that are: the same age, size, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, on a similar sized lot, similar type of features, same neighborhood or subdivision, etc. Then you can use that number multiplied by the number of square feet of the home your considering. This will help you to know if its priced well. Your best bet is to work with a Realtor that can provide that type information and help you with the sale.

Betina

Keller Williams
Austin Texas
(512)771-6318
Hi Mr. Bubble,
I see you are from Del Mar....Moved here 4 years ago from San Diego. The big reson you can not get information is Texas is a NON-Disclosure state. We are not required to disclose our sales price to the state. It is confidential information. So, only an agent with access to MLS sold data can give you accurate information. Zillow is no good for Texas. I can give you any sales data on the Hills and Lakeway. Coming from Del Mar...you will like Lakeway. I do!

Contact me from my website: http://www.austinlakeandland.com
Dear Mr. Bubble,
It is not a matter of transparency, more a matter of privacy for the home owner. Most people don't want to announce to the world what they paid for their home. If I can do something more for you just let me know. Good luck!
Betina
As the other Agents have mentioned you will need a Realtor to prepare a CMA for you. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Hillary Bernstein
Dawn Krantz-Private Label Realty
hillary@hillarybernstein.com
954.605.6461
Dear Christopher,
Your best bet is to contact a local Realtor and have them prepare a C.M.A. (Comparative Market Analysis) for the Hills and Lakeway in general to see what the actual sold prices are. One thing to remember is since Texas is a non disclose state, realtors can't disclose actual sold prices to the public, only their clients. So legally we can't post the information you seek in this forum. If you wish to contact me directly, I would be happy to prepare some CMA's for you in any neighborhoods that appeal to you. When I prepare a CMA I also include the details of all the properties used in the CMA. This allows you to see the condition of the house so you know you are comparing apples to apples.

Betina Foreman Realtor
Austin, TX
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 26, 2009
Hmm. Recent sales data is the most critical information in assessing market prices. It almost seems like there's an attempt to control the Texas market by not being open and transparent about prices. List prices are misleading. In the end, it will attract less investment but I guess texans like it that way.
Ok Got you -
The most reliable and timely way to get this granular information would be to work with an agent who has access to the local Multi Listing System serving those areas.
Multi Listing Systems are local databases updated by real estate agents.
Good morning Chris!
Are you asking about the Hills of Lakeway?
In Texas we are a non-disclosure state; therefore you will need to obtain such information from a realtor.
After quickly researching the Hills of Lakeways I found the following:
Sold properties: Low - $350,000
Average - $495,000
Median - $495,000
High - $700,000
Active Listings: Low - $295,000
Average - $489,784
Median - $465,000
High - $750,000
Average days on market for sales: 204

For more specific information please contact me. I'll be glad to help!

DONNA CICCARELLI
REALTOR® - GRI,ABR,ALHS,EcoBroker®, CNE®
Goldwasser Real Estate

o 512-420-0300
m 512-736-3124
f 800-948-4045
http://www.donnaciccarelli.com

Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
What I mean is a place to find the info online. Just recent sales in a zip code for single family homes. Maybe even by neighborhood. Neither Zillow, Trullia, nor MLS.com has it. They keep giving you list price rather than sales price?
Hi Christopher,

Welcome to Trulia-

Are you referring to data and stats based on recently sold homes in those specific areas? Such as sold comps, average/median sold homes, DOM, SP/LP and the like?

I believe CA is a disclosure state-
An agent who has access to the local Multi Listing System serving those areas should be able to help you.

Cathy Chaudemanche
Christopher,

I need additional information in order to support your request and provide you quality data. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience. My contact information is available on my web site.