Market Conditions in 21216>Question Details

Sam Beni, Home Buyer in Baltimore, MD

Where can I find sold comps for multiunits in Baltimore (price per unit, CAP rate, rent range, etc.).

Asked by Sam Beni, Baltimore, MD Mon Aug 11, 2008

I also would like to compare the neighborhoods. I do not live in Baltimore. Thanks much for any info or leads.
Sam

Answers

2
Since sale prices are public record in our local court houses, most transfers of real property are available on local government web sites.

The spin you are looking for makes it difficult for the average person to accurately discern more complicated deed transfers in a commercial real estate venue. You probably not only want to work with someone in Baltimore that is a licensed REALTOR, but who also has extensive experience and training in these areas. Those individuals hold the designation of CCIM - Certified Commercial Investment Member.

They work with cap rates, roi (return on investment) issues all the time. My husband ,Kevin McNamara ,is a CCIM in the Ocean City, Maryland area. His particular expertise does not exend to the Baltimore area, but he has many contacts there since we live so close.

Good luck. It's a great time to buy. "Buy Into Fear - Sell Into Greed"!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 5, 2008
Sam - I'd be happy to recommend an agent for you, however, I'd need a bit more information. When you say multi-units, what size property are you considering (4-plex, 24 unit building, 200 unit building)? Smaller properties may be found in the typical MLS, while larger properties are usually handled by commercial brokerages. So, with that information, I can probably help you find a good agent in Baltimore who can help you run the comps and compare the rates. Contact me at vchrisner@kw.com

Good luck to you!