Market Conditions in 94513>Question Details

Travis, Home Buyer in 22102

Where can I find a range of price per sq ft (minimum and maximum) for recently sold and for sale properties?

Asked by Travis, 22102 Fri Jun 18, 2010

Answers

5
Hello Travis,

I can get the information for you on whichever area you are interested in but keep in mind some properties are sold in distress so you all this has to be calculated into the equation. Is there a particular property you are looking at? If so, I can get you comps on sq ft in that area just to give you an idea. good luck :)

Kamal Randhawa
Broker
510-932-1066
Trulia's great, but in many cases a Realtor is better.

Price per square foot alone may not tell you much. Were they short sales or REO's? In what condition? Do you know the neighborhood of each?

I love all the data that's available on line these days, but there are some times when a human really can give you a better answer
Your agent can certainly provide that info for you - it's pretty easy to produce on an MLS report. Call me if you need help.

I do have a general price/sqft chart for Brentwood that you can download from my website at http://www.tomschieber.com/blog/featured-posts/brentwood-hom… (click the charts and graphs link at the bottom of the post).

However - price/sqft is a very limiting metric. Smaller houses sell for more per sqft than larger houses, and features, amenities and of course LOCATION are too important to ignore - which is what happens when you're just looking at price/sqft.
Your Agent can provide this to you. Homes are like popcorn the bigger the house, generally speaking, the less cost per SF. Single Stories cost more per SF than two stories. This is all generally speaking there are other factors.

If you do not have an agent please contact me. The link below is a list of homes for sale in Brentwood.
Here on Trulia, you can type an address of a property you know about in the area you're looking for. When it comes up, you will also see a tab that says "recently sold" properties which will give you addrress and configuration. The same thiing can be said of Zillow. But these are quick online resources that may not give you as complete a picture as you may want.

Depending on the reason for your search, there are other resources, like your Realtor. If you're looking for properties to use as comps for property you are about to buy or sell, or if you are looking for comps to use for applying for property tax reassessment, your best bet is a realtor who can discuss marketability and market value.